How to convert md3 files with animations? Possible soloution

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Elfloard2

How to convert md3 files with animations? Possible soloution

Post by Elfloard2 »

Hello

I am looking for a way to convert md3 files(with animations) to a better supported file type such as .X . I have found a potential converter, but I do not know how to get it to work. Here is the link to the converter's thread
(http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 6f4e2718c6) This converter supposedly converts md3 files(with animations) to the ogre mesh format. Irrlicht supports this mesh format, so this is perfect. If someone can get this converter to work or has a solution to converting md3 files(with animations) to a better Irrlicht supported file type, please respond.

Thank you
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

Irrlicht support ogre's static mesh if I recall it right.
Dev State: Abandoned (For now..)
Requirements Analysis Doc: ~87%
UML: ~0.5%
Elfloard2

Post by Elfloard2 »

Well that puts a dent into using that converter. Any suggestions then on how I can convert md3(with animations) to a well supported irrlicht file type?
JP

Post by JP »

sio2 wrote an md3 loader which looked to be working pretty well, though i'm not sure if he released the source or not, i think it wasn't properly finished but you might be able to find it in the projects forum or on his website.
Image Image Image
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Irrlicht already loads md3. The only problem is that the transformation was not properly integrated with standard Irrlicht methods. Hence, the node does not move, rotate, etc.
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

Its ok, I've already talked with him about it and it looks like Misfit Model 3D solves the problem. It can load MD3 with animation support and convert it right.
Dev State: Abandoned (For now..)
Requirements Analysis Doc: ~87%
UML: ~0.5%