Irrlicht.dll v1.4 + DirectX compiled ??

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
chinanzio

Irrlicht.dll v1.4 + DirectX compiled ??

Post by chinanzio »

Hello! , have some one compiled it ?
fireside

Post by fireside »

Yeah, I don't remember where it was though. It's called IrrDx_v1_1.4.
oldskoolPunk

Post by oldskoolPunk »

I hope they make a new Irr1.4+DX+irrKlang Devpak for Dev-C++. Not only do we get DX at a greatly reduced file size, but the DirectX framerate on the old 1.3.1 Devpak was like 30% higher than the openGL device! Incredible!
Signature? I ain't signin nuthin!
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Whether OpenGL or DX is faster heavily depends on the vendor driver. However, due to many structs in Irrlicht being based on DX layout there is often a chance to get better performance with DX.
However, if you want DX you might be better off using MSVC++ Express. Quite massive download (almost 1GB for the compiler and both SDKs), but it works pretty well and should give (hopefully) better performance.
monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

Forums are buggy for me, sorry.
That above has the .dll, .a, and directx9 dll with it
chinanzio

Post by chinanzio »

Thank you for the simple answer!!!!!

also i want to know how to compile it .... some reference ?
monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

Google Directx 9 devpak
its like the first link
the gamedev.net forum post

install the devpak

open your irr project
go to IrrCompileConfig.h

Follow instructions there
rebuild project
fireside

Post by fireside »

I hope they make a new Irr1.4+DX+irrKlang Devpak for Dev-C++. Not only do we get DX at a greatly reduced file size, but the DirectX framerate on the old 1.3.1 Devpak was like 30% higher than the openGL device! Incredible!
I have an older computer and even though the frame rate is lower, it runs much smoother in Opengl. In DirectX it stutters, but shows a higher frame rate. Most people use Windows to play games, but who wants to do everything Microsoft's non-cross platform way. Download a 1 gig compiler and let them get their hooks in everything you do. I'll take Opengl. It'll run on Linux and Macs and even cell phones. Probably not written with Irrlicht for that, though. The only reason I use Windows at all is because of Irredit.