NUSoftware Game Engine v0.1 Alpha. New Docs&Pics, Page 4

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
MasterGod

NUSoftware Game Engine v0.1 Alpha. New Docs&Pics, Page 4

Post by MasterGod »

Official Site: http://NUSoftwarege.sourceforge.net
Official Forum: http://NUSoftwarege.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/index.php
Official Site wrote:NUSoftware Game Engine is a framework used for games development. A simple API to easily create games using advanced 3D graphics & sound systems simplified for the average programmer. This engine is written in C++ using the following libraries for graphics and audio management:

* Irrlicht - Lightning fast realtime 3D engine
* IrrKlang - High level 3D audio engine

This project is my college's final project and its purpose is earning experience with game programming and be as educational as it can be.
I'm aiming to use this project as a base-bone for my future games and I hope it can be of help to others. The design was inspired by irrWizard and there are small things from the forums here with the appropriate credits of course.

If some people remember about two months ago I was asking for advices on creating my own game engine? Well, this is what I have this far.

Some notes:
0. This is my college's final project and it has a great weight on my future thus very important to be more then a 'good' hobby project.
1. I'm going to use irrKlang and maybe FMOD Ex as a practice of creating abstract API and because of that I haven't done it yet.
2. This project is far from being done but it can help people here as it now hence worth publishing. (Release 0.1 will be in few months from now..)
3. The engine hasn't been tested on any computer but mine.
4. Updates will come mainly to the official site so I won't reedit this post over and over again..
5. @Joe_Oliveri: I do have what to show so don't delete it :wink: (Project Announcement Rules (Read before posting.))

I will greatly appreciate hearing your opinions on the design as I will be tested on the project and I want to make good impression as well as having a A+ grade so be informative and descriptive as you can if you may.
I try to keep this simple and easy to understand, simple being the keyword and I try to hide from things I still don't fully understand (as templates and such) so yes, there are things that could have been done differently in a better way but in a way I don't 100% understand so this is why I might have not used them although if you find such things I'll be more then glad to hear about.

This project is my second project in general, my first with irrlicht as with computer graphics.
I've started designing the engine on October the 2nd and coding since November 2007.
Because this is a college project, in May this year if I want or not its going to have a big stable release so that's my deadline.

This might not be such good engine for anyone but it does not suppose to, it suppose to be used for my future games and can be a educational source for others (I hope it will).

Some technical info:
The engine is a static lib.
I use Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (not EE) as the project's IDE.
All the source + documentation can be accessed through the SVN, see also Official Site.

Known Issues:
Fixed: Release build is weirdly 14Mb while Debug build is only ~2Mb -_-!... - Thanks rogerborg.
Last edited by MasterGod on Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:31 am, edited 27 times in total.
Dev State: Abandoned (For now..)
Requirements Analysis Doc: ~87%
UML: ~0.5%
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

Looks good to me. ;)
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

Joe_Oliveri wrote:Looks good to me. ;)
:)

I've reached the point I feel ok to publish it here 4 days ago but I waited Irrlicht will have its 8000 registered member until I post :lol:
dejai

Post by dejai »

Hey Mastergod,
I have had a look at your documentation and its really nice and well laid out, I am going to try to replicate that design for my framework. I was just wondering if you had a class diagram? Thanks :D
Programming Blog: http://www.uberwolf.com
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

@dejai: Thanks, and I'll see what VC can generate and I hope I'll be able to upload it today..
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

dejai

Post by dejai »

Omg Mastergod this is brilliant its just what I needed!! Thanks so much!
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

I'm grateful you are interested in my project, so thank you.
dejai

Post by dejai »

Hey MasterGod, I was just wondering weather you had decided to set up a community forum. I would enjoy talking to you about the framework which is embedded in your game engine. Anyway keep up the great work :D
dejai

Post by dejai »

Oh I almost forgot, post the class diagrams on your website :D And if you want support for your projects I can give you access via ftp to irrlicht.dejaigames.com and you can have a section to upload your project :D
Feel free to contact me, you can upload as much as you want.. well within relative bounds set a limit at what 25gb?

Thanks Pm if you want a user and pass :D
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

Cool Dejai, thanks for your offer, I would like to have another upload link.
Two things - One, I'll add a complete diagram in a much more complete build.
Two, I'll be happy to use about 1 GB later on when I'll need it, thanks again.

P.S
I'll check the email you sent me tomorrow.

P.S 2 (PlayStation2 :lol: )
I've tried 1 min after phpBB3 went out to use it but I've gotten confused with what I need to do in order to install it right.. Maybe if I'll find a good guide I'll install it on SF.Net and have a community forum indeed.

EDIT:
Wow, since I posted this project here there's been 1843 visitors to my site.. wow..
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

I've opened a forum to the project.

Edit: I've also added the class diagram to the screen shots page.
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

Can you guys check the diagrams and post your opinions about'em please? (Maybe in the official forum :roll:.. )

Thanks.
sudi

Post by sudi »

since i don't want to register on every forum to post i just post here....
Well structure looks ok. But i can't actually test it bc i work on a project right now so no time sry. maybe later.
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

With rogerborg's help the big lib size on release build issue is fixed. Thanks rogerborg.