how to use and combine bone animations??

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
wuallen

how to use and combine bone animations??

Post by wuallen »

I am sorry for this topic, because this is a common question. I am looking through the old topics to find the answers but if some one explains it to me, it will be very nice.

I used the md2 model and frame animation in my program, but I don't know how to import the bone skinned model into irrlicht, and how to use and combine the bone animations.

I use milkshape to model and animate. Milkshape support bone skinned model. I think the modeling tools is very important for irrlicht, so I want to know how to use the milkshape with irrlicht.

all of above is a simple question, how to use bone skinned model with irrlicht and milkshape.

somebody help me!
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

I guess once the animation is working in milkshape you simply export it to some milkshape file (.ms3d) and load it into Irrlicht. You should be aware that support for Milkshape 1.8.x files was fixed in SVN version of Irrlicht only, so you'll have to wait for the next release (either 1.4.1 or 1.5) to use those files properly.
arras

Post by arras »

Or export your animated model to x format. You may read Irrlicht API and try some settings to get it right. If I remember correctly Irrlicht supported only binary x files not text files for example.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

No, both types are supported (compressed ones are not supported). But .x files have many more problems than ms3d files, maybe try b3d files. They are pretty good supported in Irrlicht.
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

hybrid wrote:But .x files have many more problems than ms3d files,...
Like what?
Dev State: Abandoned (For now..)
Requirements Analysis Doc: ~87%
UML: ~0.5%
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Display problems, unsupported format features, sometimes broken animations...
wuallen

Post by wuallen »

I find a piece of tutorial

http://www.irrlicht3d.org/wiki/index.ph ... tionSystem

and I decide to use blender,:[.

thanks.

damn the stock market.