NUSoftware Game Engine v0.1 Alpha. New Docs&Pics, Page 4

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

Is the license section crystal clear?
http://d6.tomer.googlepages.com/license
If not, what's unclear about it?

Thanks.
Dev State: Abandoned (For now..)
Requirements Analysis Doc: ~87%
UML: ~0.5%
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

I myself would make an interface for the sound engine part of the library, that way users can replace the internal ones with their own implementation. License looks okay to me, apart from the noncommercial restrictions.
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

I started working on my own game engine project ( somewhat secretly) sometime last year also.

I'm going to take a look at this to see how closely it ressembles my own work and maybe get some design ideas from it..

let ya know how it goes :wink:

Edit: First impression.. msvc 2005 EE can't convert the project.. thought you mentioned 2008 full somewheres.. :\

after I manage to get my own project created I'll probably be back.
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

Don't forget to get the latest revision tomorrow cause there are a lot of new things I haven't uploaded yet and I hope to finish'em till tomorrow and upload to the SVN.

P.S
Thanks for being interested in my project, please Do ask about unclear areas in my project as I want it to be very clear and well documented for easy understanding.

Edit:
Really? VC8 EE doesn't convert it? (damn MS..)
It seems I'll need make more then one project file..
Thanks for mentioning!!
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

lol can't really blame them for not making it fully reverse compatible with a source compiler.. :?

the engine is rather interesting.. like the copyrights on public domain materials.. the removal of copyright tags from irrwizard yet the classes and namespaces remain... lol I've yet to see proper licensing on this board.

besides that which.. nobody cares about nor has the right to. outside of descriptive names... did I mention copyrights are gay? which is why I don't bother to pretend they are registered because they're in effect reguardless.

but... besides all that.. this is irrwizard with const get methods for irrlicht the gamemanager no longer static.. irrklang and fmod thrown in.

my design is better then this the only problem is that I'm currently unable to get my states fully dynamic inorder to work with my event system.

but in my design I'm going to have to develop a way to prevent input abuse because I have an event interface.
jingquan

Post by jingquan »

WOW, someone should award the most clean and trim design, code, whatever award to MasterGod. I really fancy your webdesign...project organization...posting format.

Anyway, good luck with your engine.
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

@Midnight: I'd be happy to see your work and have my opinion too.. :roll:
jingquan wrote:WOW, someone should award the most clean and trim design, code, whatever award to MasterGod. I really fancy your webdesign...project organization...posting format.

Anyway, good luck with your engine.
It's nice to be appreciated from time to time :wink:
Thanks.

8)
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

Ok, I've taken the last 3 days to work 100% on the engine. I mean from the moment I woke up until my eyes couldn't stay open anymore I worked on it. There are a lot new features, a lot of cleaning up have been done, the example finally shows something more then just a lame menu.
I've switched to the SVN version of irrlicht as I'm getting prepared for v1.4.1.
I've made quite few API changes but they are all for the best, be sure.
I've included IrrKlang finally but I'm not pleased with the sound manager design and so you can use irrKlang now but the way everything is working with the sound is going to be 90% changed, it has a temporary design at the moment.
There are some rules which can be viewed at the api page at:
http://nusoftware.sourceforge.net/api/index.html
Note: They've been changed few times in the last few days so keep yourself updated.

Just wanted to keep you posted :wink:..

P.S
MasterGod wrote:Is the license section crystal clear?
http://d6.tomer.googlepages.com/license
If not, what's unclear about it?

Thanks.
katoun

Post by katoun »

Nice work MasterGod.
But You cloud rename CSceneResourceManager to CResourceManager.
It would me shorter and it would reprezent the All resource management:
scene management and sound management. It is in the '/core' directory, no?
I don't like the CGame.h and CGame.cpp files beeing in the '/game' dir along with those GameState classes, when CGame uses the CGameManager wich is located in the '/core' dir.
You could move the CGame class files along with the CGameManager or you could dispoze of CGame and use only CGameManager istead.
As I see from the sources, until now CGame is no more than a wreaper around CGameManager.
But the rest of the code is very nice.
I like that you added GameStates to you engine.
I thought of adding to my engine too but I have other stuff to do like an exporter and perhaps some simple GUI.
Kat'Oun
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

katoun wrote:But You cloud rename CSceneResourceManager to CResourceManager
Agreed, changed.
katoun wrote:I don't like the CGame.h and CGame.cpp files beeing in the '/game' dir along with those GameState classes, when CGame uses the CGameManager wich is located in the '/core' dir.
You could move the CGame class files along with the CGameManager
I don't want to remove CGame class but it didn't feel right to me too.
Moved to core dir and changed game dir to states.

Thanks katoun, these are good points although I like having CGame kinda wrapping a game manager instance.. I feel it makes it easier to run a game.
Just look at this main():

Code: Select all

#include "nge.h"
#include "MyIntroState.h"

int main()
{
        CGame* game = new CGame(MyIntroState::Instance(),L"Caption!","config.ini",
                "font.xml","Media.zip");
        game->run();
        delete game;

return 0;
}
katoun

Post by katoun »

Ok, that is good too, NP :D . You know, I have other principles in my mind, a bit radical some times.
But there's not problem in telling you my ideas, you can allways take from them what you fell fit for your project:D.

Regards.
Kat'Oun
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

New logo, thanks to Virion for making it.

New Logo:

Old logo:

P.S
Discussion about the logo can be found here:
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... sc&start=0
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

No problem. (yay another item for my portfolio) :wink:
Anyway, hope to see more progress on the engine! :)
dudMaN

Post by dudMaN »

Great job, you wrapped over irrlicht and irrklang, the two easiest libraries in their categories, then add fmod for extra fun?

Atleast you're not selling it..

-dudman
Complete Irrlicht Beginners Tutorial
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... hp?t=24898
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

dudMaN wrote:Great job, you wrapped over irrlicht and irrklang, the two easiest libraries in their categories, then add fmod for extra fun?

Atleast you're not selling it..

-dudman
Do I sense some animosity here? :lol: Is there really anything wrong with wrapping libraries? If there is, then I would assume that you have a problem with Irrlicht also as it is a self-proclaimed OpenGL and DX wrapper. :wink:

Either way, I have to say this is a good thing, especially for the people (beginners) who don't feel like getting all the libraries together, and then getting them working and running. Keep up the good work MasterGod. Many people have come to the forum in search of creating a game with Irrlicht only to find out that it is a rendering engine, and I am sure this will provide those people with a solution for their ideas.
Last edited by Halifax on Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B