Please help for collision with 3D models in irrNewton

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding game design, integration of external libraries here. For irrEdit, irrXML and irrKlang, see the
ambiera forums
AlaaBR9

Please help for collision with 3D models in irrNewton

Post by AlaaBR9 »

My question is that : when i loaded animated model, irrlicht considered it as one component or object ,so in collision for a soccer game, the ball will not move or throw between soccer legs for example.

How I can separate between soccer body parts,so ball can collision with any part not with the whole body.

Thank you...

AlaaBR9
________
FREE GIFT CARDS
Last edited by AlaaBR9 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
JP

Post by JP »

I guess you basically have to make a static-ragdoll (i.e. just boxes for collision, unaffected by gravity so your player doesn't go limp... ooer missus...) in newton and then map it to the skeleton of your model so that it's got the same transformation (i.e. lines up with the model's legs, arms etc).

That i guess is how it would be done, i don't know how newton works though and don't know how you'd get this to work with irrlicht either as i don't know anything about how the animated meshes work with respect to skeletons and bones. It's possible that newton has some special way of doing this to make it easier, rather than making you create a static-ragdoll-type-thing yourself.

It's probably better to ask such a question on the newton forum.
Image Image Image