Project : SCR (UPDATED 10.04.2008)

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

I am using socket programming, in c++ and in php, currently im making the server in php, and making the client with c++.
Varmint is helping me with this, as i havent actually started the netwroking(other then the server)

varmint is busy atm with some cool stuff he needs to get finish, so im waiting a bit to learn more, though i have done networking he has some great ideas that are going to help me a lot. I have been having a large amount of problems with the physics, in general. so im busy working on improving the physics and the gameplay side. once thats fixed and functional i will aim at getting the multiplayer integrated.

I set deadlines for scr which i will try stick to but seeing as life is life, and a large part of the team guys also have stuff going on, it might be a little slower in development. Though, once i move out after this weekend i can plugh a lot more time into this. I do kinda work 3 jobs, this is a side project :) but i still plan to finish it sooner then not
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MILzYtNM9cs

updated the physics a lot. seems to be bettere
thanks pinguindude for the help
krama757

Post by krama757 »

Looks great Fuzzy. However, from what I see, the cart slides a lot (like a car) and I dont think this is quite how it should act.

From my experience racing shopping carts in the grocery store (heh) I found out that carts tend not to slide and therefore tip over if you make hard turns. This would definately add a bit more realism to the game.
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

krama757 wrote:Looks great Fuzzy. However, from what I see, the cart slides a lot (like a car) and I dont think this is quite how it should act.

From my experience racing shopping carts in the grocery store (heh) I found out that carts tend not to slide and therefore tip over if you make hard turns. This would definately add a bit more realism to the game.
Yeah, I have to agree with that. I hate when it tips over too, because it hurts a lot. :lol:

By the way, are we going to be able to put any groceries in these shopping carts? :D
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Haha, hes actually doing quite well considering the last time I tried to make car physics it would tip over too often for its own good. :D
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

@Halifax, yes. its the weapons you throw at the other players

@Blindside, thanks, the latest physics has a constrained up vector for now, and the camera will be smoothly interpolated lol... that one is jerky.

Update, i random video i was messing around with, made in 5 minutes :

this is updated physics, with constraint..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeTA-H_Y48o
JP

Post by JP »

Looking good, would be nice to see an up to date video with the proper textures, but i guess they probably haven't changed much since 'take 1' so you can imagine how it would look :lol:

Obviously physics is a big part of your game but i'd advise you not to spend toooo long on it. In my Alestorm game i've spent a lot of time on the physics (and some other things which i shouldn't have wasted so much time on) and i should have been focusing a lot more on the actual game play. Now i'm trying to get a lot more of the game play features implemented and just accepting the physics as they are for the moment and then i'll come back to them later when i've got more game play stuff finished.

But i guess you probably don't have a deadline or anything for this so you can work to the beat of your own drum!
Image Image Image
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

Well in terms of gameplay i have two version of the source, one has a full framework, map loading system, a menu of sorts which u can see below (sort of) and there is a full options system going, im working on animations for the menu cos i didnt know how to handle that, and now im working on physics again.

Once the physics is done and working well, i start on the AI programming which i already have my actor classes setup for, and after that te multiplayer. then i should be at a stage to release the first full demo release..

:)

Halifax

Post by Halifax »

FuzzYspo0N wrote:@Halifax, yes. its the weapons you throw at the other players

@Blindside, thanks, the latest physics has a constrained up vector for now, and the camera will be smoothly interpolated lol... that one is jerky.

Update, i random video i was messing around with, made in 5 minutes :

this is updated physics, with constraint..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeTA-H_Y48o
Oh...haha and I was just joking. Either way I really like this game. A simple concept presented very well, and it seems like some great gameplay. I am going to have to try this out when I get a better computer.
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

hehe dont worry halifax.. there are options to run it on lower detail settings...so im pretty certain it will run on almost all machines with about 1,8ghz processor (or less even) and a 128 mb graphics card, i thin 156 mb of ram will even do!

Ill tes once iv got a fully playable map with other players etc, but im being careful what i implement when to be sure it can be run on slower machines.

On the other hand , i have a whiole bunch of shaders lined up and waiting... Where it will run with high quality pixel and vertex shaders making it i dont know, " current gen graphics " and realistic lighting etc etc :)
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

FuzzYspo0N wrote:hehe dont worry halifax.. there are options to run it on lower detail settings...so im pretty certain it will run on almost all machines with about 1,8ghz processor (or less even) and a 128 mb graphics card, i thin 156 mb of ram will even do!

Ill tes once iv got a fully playable map with other players etc, but im being careful what i implement when to be sure it can be run on slower machines.

On the other hand , i have a whiole bunch of shaders lined up and waiting... Where it will run with high quality pixel and vertex shaders making it i dont know, " current gen graphics " and realistic lighting etc etc :)
Ah, that should be great! My computer totally sucks: 866 Mhz AMD (Mobile) Sempron, ATI Raedon 200M (256 MB), and 256 MB RAM.
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

As a matter of interest there has been stuff going on here, i have been texturing the demo map in the slow time i did have free, and now that i have a lot more time free expect a lot more updates :)

monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

Don't even think of parking here
:lol:
JP

Post by JP »

Good job, some nice textures there!
Image Image Image
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

Don't even think of parking here
:D:D