Ageia PhysX - Character Controller Integration (Need Help)

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
Falcon

Ageia PhysX - Character Controller Integration (Need Help)

Post by Falcon »

Hi all,

If anyone is using Ageia PhysX in with Irrlicht, is there any chance someone could post a tutorial on integrating the Character Controller? The basic integration tutorial worked great!

I'm guessing the approach would be to extend the CAnimatedMeshSceneNode class for adding the Character Controller code.

Thanks!
-< Dante >
< Industry Senior QA Tester>
< IT Project Manager>
< Independent Programmer>-
gheft

Post by gheft »

I'm not using character controllers in my project but I am using PhysX so I'm not entirely sure if this would work, but the documentation says there is a getActor() method for the controller class so it should be as easy as passing the controllers actor to CPhysXAnimatedMeshSceneNode
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

Thanks, I'll give that a try. My head hurts from trying to read Ageia code for half a week.
-< Dante >
< Industry Senior QA Tester>
< IT Project Manager>
< Independent Programmer>-
Praetor

Post by Praetor »

I have an ageia character controller working with Ogre, but I'm pretty sure I could port it to irrlicht without much difficulty.... if you're still having problems let me know and I'll see what I can do.
My head hurts from trying to read Ageia code for half a week.
Ageia will do that :D
"Surely we don’t need to waste resources on pathfinding; they just need to walk along the shortest route from one place to another." - EA Producer