Ageia PhysX problem

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding game design, integration of external libraries here. For irrEdit, irrXML and irrKlang, see the
ambiera forums
needforhint

Ageia PhysX problem

Post by needforhint »

hello,
I have a problem integrating PhysX to irrlicht, but the heart of the probelm is in PhysX not irrlicht. When I call NxActor::setGlobalPose() function with a correct matrix parameter and then afterwards call NxActor::getGlobalPose() function I don't receive the matrix I was setting with setGlobalPose(). So how to set actor's matricies?
what is this thing...
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

Would say that's not a problem for the Irrlicht forum. But just to let you know, I'm planning on using PhysX in my project, and Praetor is working on creating a new Wrapper for Irrlicht.
-< Dante >
< Industry Senior QA Tester>
< IT Project Manager>
< Independent Programmer>-
needforhint

Post by needforhint »

there are no forums about Ageia PhysX you see
what is this thing...
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

Yeah. That is partly the right forum, but the wrong section. It is a good forum to ask on though because numerous people on here have worked with PhysX programming.

One thing you could do so that people can help you with your problem easier, is to post your code. I am almost certain that those setters and getters aren't the problem, but it is instead the code around it.
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

Halifax.Karma++();
gheft

Post by gheft »

when you call setGlobalPose() it only tells the simulation where to move the actor, it doesn't actually change the matrix. you won't get the matrix back until after you've called simulate and GetPhysicsResults()(maybe).

you might get weird results if you change the pose of a dynamic actor so you might want to use a kinematic actor(actor->raiseBodyFlag(NX_BF_KINEMATIC)) and use moveGlobalPose()

btw there is a forum on the ageia developer website, but its not very active...
Praetor

Post by Praetor »

Yeah, I'm working on a wrapper for irrlicht and PhysX, I'll post in the project announcement section when I have a version ready (not quite sure when, I'm gonna be busy over the next while, but I hope to make a good amount of progress this weekend). It'll be released under the same license as irrlicht (zlib).

Regarding the globalPose stuff my guess would be the same as gheft's, I think Ageia has to update before the getGlobalPose() function will return the correct value.
"Surely we don’t need to waste resources on pathfinding; they just need to walk along the shortest route from one place to another." - EA Producer
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

Dorth wrote:Halifax.Karma++();
Huh? Good or bad karma?
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

Good, of course. And while we're on the subject...

Praetor.Karma++();
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

Dorth wrote:Good, of course. And while we're on the subject...

Praetor.Karma++();
Ah, okay. Disregard my message to you then, I interpreted it wrong. Sorry. :lol:
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B