"addTerrainSceneNode" ,how to take out pane or squ

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
jl0206

"addTerrainSceneNode" ,how to take out pane or squ

Post by jl0206 »

When I use the function "addTerrainSceneNode " , the terrain renderde with some square or pane , how to kake out them????
dingo

Post by dingo »

Just first up - jl0206 most of your recent questions would be assisted by searching for relevant articles at www.gamedev.net - this means you don't need to wait for an answer here (btw google is good too :)

also try www.gametutorials.com

and for basic OpenGL stuff goto nehe.gamedev.net

And in answer to this question it is probably one of 3 things - you haven't loaded the heightmap image properly OR your heightmap is all one level high OR you need to scale you resultant terrain in the z direction (if z = up).

BTW just do some research at www.gametutorials.com for Heightmap info pretty good stuff there of terrains etc.
-= Want your C code to control real life robots? www.users.on.net/~symes =-
jl0206

Post by jl0206 »

But I think it is the prboblem of the function of addTerrainSceneNode() , because when I use the fuction of addSceneNode() there isn't have the pane . So I mean that I use addTerrainSceneNode() there is pane .