Help with Bone manipulations

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
shadowslair

Post by shadowslair »

Any sympathy will be welcome too... :?
"Although we walk on the ground and step in the mud... our dreams and endeavors reach the immense skies..."
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Oh, you have my sympathy :wink: But probably only Luke can tell for sure why it's not working...
shadowslair

Post by shadowslair »

Oh, you have my sympathy Wink But probably only Luke can tell for sure why it's not working...
Ha-ha! Thank you. :lol:

I may have done sth very stupid, but I cannot undrstand what exactly. Is the given information sufficient? Shall I explain everything in detail ?
I don`t even need to rotate the R_Hand bone node, since it`s a child of the R_UpperArm node, and when I rotate it , it has its "child" behaviour, so the line before the last one isn`t really needed.

Here`s another picture, because I made the last one in a hurry, and it may be unclear:
:?
"Although we walk on the ground and step in the mud... our dreams and endeavors reach the immense skies..."
shadowslair

Post by shadowslair »

Most probably this isn`t working, because I`m using EJUOR_CONTROL, to be able to control the joints, but I need EJUOR_READ to get their transformations too. But calling both the functions results in only-the-last-called one to be active.

I can use some alternatives as seperate hand model and on, but a segmented mesh is my last alternative.

I`m afraid I may have met a dead-end. :(
Luke
Admin

Post by Luke »

I'm happy to have a look at what's wrong.

could you post the code and mesh file maybe.
shadowslair

Post by shadowslair »

Oh, sorry. The code is in the last post on page 2 of this topic. Some days have passed and it is left there... :roll:

Here`s the model of the character and even the bat model:
http://filebeam.com/1ddc8f15d5a1c62cca16580326536a38

It is a pure biped model exported from 3dmax9 via PandaX. There may be something wrong with the export too. I`m using it for test purposes.

Thanks for your help, Luke!