Angel goes flying

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
3DGDA

Angel goes flying

Post by 3DGDA »

It was quite slow but effective production and finally we released our angel pack!

It has next-gen texture set and 25 animations, including very rare ones, like sleeping :)
You could get more information at angel product page.
Here are some screenshots:

If you would like to trace angel production from the beggining to the end just look in our forums!

Any comments are welcome! We hope you will like it:)

Want more? Just visit www.3dgda.com and ask at support@3dgda.com
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

Any angel lacking facial hair, since the usual definition is "between man and woman, lacking sign that could link them to one or the other"?
JP

Post by JP »

Looks quite cool but it's certainly not a next-gen texture :lol:
Image Image Image
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

man, that's hard work right there.

though, not sure if the clothing has bumpmap in there. i know the blade and leather belt has bumpmapping applied to it.
wyrmmage

Post by wyrmmage »

looks cool :)
Worlds at War (Current Project) - http://www.awkward-games.com
Ganadu'r, The Eternal Sage (Other Current Project) - http://rpg.naget.com
Monochrome

Post by Monochrome »

Looks like the angel of boredom to me.
3DGDA

Post by 3DGDA »

Thank you all for replies! They are very important for us.
Angel has got not really next-gen textures actually - they are not really impressive.
Here is the angel texture library to show you what exactly textures angel has(screenshots are taken with only diffuse texture)

Hope this screen will answer some questions :)
JP

Post by JP »

You really don't need that many textures, you should be able to get away with just one and for use in gaming you want it ideally limited to one texture anyway.
Image Image Image
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

i can hear the angel grinding the blade now.

by the way, are those inscriptions on the blade real? i mean are they readable by some foreigner guy who can read it?
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

hiya there,

just wondering, i need one custom made model that looks like but not necessarily a clone of this image...

http://www.pantherproducts.co.uk/Games% ... 5_big2.jpg

i'm setting up a "game demo reel" and this character model will be fully shaded with bells-n-whistles, so i need access to material names so i can assign a shader material to it.

do you do custom work? please let me know and reply via email, do not pm me here as i will not be able to reply accordingly. put a price amount in your reply as i will be able to determine if i can afford it.

budget-wise, it is a very ( i mean very ) low-budget project and the model will be featured on a game demo reel.

let me know right away if this sounds ok to you.

requirements:
1) clothing must have weave pattern, typical bump mapping applied.
2) skin and muscle movements should look realistic.
3) hair will be shaded as well with light scattering applied, it must have normalmap and colormap applied as well, i will put additional two modulating textures later.
4) if possible, grayscale heightmap is needed for parallax effect.
5) changing facial expressions during a punch or kick is definitely a cool thing.
6) finger articulation during a punch or kick is also another cool factor.
7) a polygonal quad mesh, around 5K to 9K polycount.

i'm doing this demo to impress an audience and anything that looks next-gen (as stated in your website) is going to be really appreciated by me and them.

by the way, anyone who has modeling, rigging and animating skills can email me, though quality of model must be "next-gen."
3DGDA

Post by 3DGDA »

Thank again for all comments!
@JP: As we create a character for indie gamedevelopers it should be as modifying friendly as he could. That is why all meshes are separated by textures - you could cut of his wings and modify textures abit = your new "Assassin's Creed" style character.

@dlangdev: these inscriptions are only a fun detail not more, so you could translate them as you want :wink:
btw, we have replied via email about your fighter character.