irrAI 0.50 - AI module for Irrlicht [Updated 28/11/09]

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
JP

Post by JP »

The mediafire link is working fine for me, and lots of other people have downloaded from it...

If you're sure it's not working then PM me an email address and i'll send it to you :)
Image Image Image
pera

Post by pera »

it worked now :) thanks. cant wait to take a look at this source.
JP

Post by JP »

the source is gonna change quite a lot for 0.4 (well most of it's the same but there's a lot of API breaking changes) but feel free to have a look!

im trying to get 0.4 ready asap but it's taking time unfortunately!
Image Image Image
pera

Post by pera »

I downloaded source, and since I don't have Dev C++, I created Visual Studio projects, and built it against Irrlicht 1.4, I hade to make some modifications in order to build it, and I tried it on RPG example - it all works fine, except one thing I couldn't find whats the problem:
When Waypoints are visible (toggle with V key) other scene objects are messed up. It seems like floor is rendered over the sydney model, and boxes are duplicated, and waypoints are sometimes visible, sometimes not, when you move around, at some places everything looks fine, then when you move, it all messes up again...

when I turn off waypoint - everything looks fine.

any ides?
JP

Post by JP »

This is a problem with the change between 1.3.1 and 1.4... I tried upgrading to 1.4 a while back and this is the problem i saw (though didn't have waypoints turned off at any point so didn't realise it was fine without, so that could be a good clue as to what the problem is.... probably depth writing turned off on waypoints or something.. so thanks for pointing that out!). So when i saw these problems i just went straight back to 1.3.1 as i couldn't be bothered to sort out the graphics problems at that time :lol:

What you could try doing is editing CWaypointSceneNode (and CFOVSceneNode probably) and play around with some of the parameters in the material... such as ZWriteEnable... i'm just guessing that could be an issue, i believe its default value changed between 1.3.1 and 1.4...
Image Image Image
raptoravis

Post by raptoravis »

I met the same problem. and you just need to register waypoint scene node as solid instead of automatic in the following function.

void CWaypointSceneNode::OnRegisterSceneNode()
{
if (IsVisible)
SceneManager->registerNodeForRendering(this, ESNRP_SOLID);

ISceneNode::OnRegisterSceneNode();
}
JP

Post by JP »

Score! I was going to make that change anyway as someone else said they got quite a good framerate improvement from doing that, i'll make sure the next version of IrrAI is 1.4 compatible then (well 1.4.1 probably!)

Lord knows when i'll get a chance to actually work on it though :(
Image Image Image
raptoravis

Post by raptoravis »

sorry, it should be ESNRP_TRANSPARENT, though still not perfect
JP

Post by JP »

Surely shouldn't be transparent because there's no transparency used on it... I imagine there's more to the problem than meets the eye....
Image Image Image
doqkhanh

Post by doqkhanh »

pera wrote:I downloaded source, and since I don't have Dev C++, I created Visual Studio projects, and built it against Irrlicht 1.4, I hade to make some modifications in order to build it, and I tried it on RPG example - it all works fine
May you share your project?
OnyxIdol

Post by OnyxIdol »

Just tested out the demos... sweet, very sweet.
JP

Post by JP »

doqkhanh wrote:
pera wrote:I downloaded source, and since I don't have Dev C++, I created Visual Studio projects, and built it against Irrlicht 1.4, I hade to make some modifications in order to build it, and I tried it on RPG example - it all works fine
Halifax did a VS project for IrrAI 0.2 but it's been lost when the host decided to change name and start charging. If anyone can provide VS projects then that'd be great, i need to do that myself, will try to for 0.4. Hopefully i'll have a chance to do some work next week on it!
Image Image Image
raptoravis

Post by raptoravis »

finally, found out the reason:

in CFOVSceneNode::CFOVSceneNode,
comment out the following line:
Material.MaterialType = video::EMT_TRANSPARENT_VERTEX_ALPHA
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

JP wrote:
doqkhanh wrote:
Halifax did a VS project for IrrAI 0.2 but it's been lost when the host decided to change name and start charging. If anyone can provide VS projects then that'd be great, i need to do that myself, will try to for 0.4. Hopefully i'll have a chance to do some work next week on it!
Oh I didn't know that happened. :( I can always upload them to a more reliable server now that I have one. So I if you want, I could make a VS project for the newest version, 0.4.
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
Nadro

Post by Nadro »

Hi JP,
This projects is very interesting and I have question for it. Do You plan add NavMesh support for it? Or You planning show FPS example where bot can moves not only on Waypoints links, but on all map places. NavMesh is very easy idea to pathfinding in games, but maybe You have some idea to solved it only with waypoints system? For only traveling mode in game Waypoints are good solution, but in Fight mode I think than it isn't enought.
Library helping with network requests, tasks management, logger etc in desktop and mobile apps: https://github.com/GrupaPracuj/hermes