publishing(solved)

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
3DModelerMan

publishing(solved)

Post by 3DModelerMan »

Okay I know I already asked the ubisoft question, but what is a good publishing company that is good for an indie game developer to use, but can still be distributed to stores.

P.S
I want to get my game in gamestop or someplace like it, but
if it's not possible I guess I'll just have to go with something else.
Last edited by 3DModelerMan on Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That would be illogical captain...

My first full game:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/3DModel ... tor#tipjar
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

Well I really don't see a point in finding a publisher when you don't even have the game done yet. If you just have the idea, then your probably not looking for a publisher, but rather a programming company. At any rate, here is a list of publishers:
Video Game Publishers

And here is a list of indie game developers that you may want to get in contact with:
Indie Game Developers
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
zeno60

Post by zeno60 »

Well, I can clearly see now that you are the ultimate designer. One would have to be to ask these kinds of questions on a 3D Rendering Engines forum and get his/her game published and on shelves before its been developed.

If you really have to ask these kinds of questions...you shouldn't even be thinking about seeking out publishers. Do some research first. There is also the option of self-publishing your game...yes, do that, thats the best route. Good luck.
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

Can anyone recommend a good wine to go with the filet mignon that I'll be having on my date with Alyson Hannigan?
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
3DModelerMan

heh heh

Post by 3DModelerMan »

:oops: Well I'm kinda just researching for now so I know what I'm getting into when it's finished. :D

My first full game:
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

You... have... NO... idea!
First, here's what you'll do. Forget trying to make it. Forget the money. The publishers. Etc. First, go make a Design document. A complete one. Google it. Make it proper. With everything. Then, and if, you complete it, THEN you can think about the next step which is: "Is it even good?" And there's plenty of ways for it not to be, few for it to be. Then is it feasible? How big? How long? Why? Who would pay to play? How much? etc. Bu the first step is detailing your idea so much that by the time you finish, you think you've already finished your game. And then that's when it really begins.
FlyingIsFun1217

Post by FlyingIsFun1217 »

rogerborg wrote:Can anyone recommend a good wine to go with the filet mignon that I'll be having on my date with Alyson Hannigan?
Well, geeze, nothing younger than 250.

FlyingIsFun1217
JP

Post by JP »

Dorth wrote:You... have... NO... idea!
First, here's what you'll do. Forget trying to make it. Forget the money. The publishers. Etc. First, go make a Design document. A complete one. Google it. Make it proper. With everything. Then, and if, you complete it, THEN you can think about the next step which is: "Is it even good?" And there's plenty of ways for it not to be, few for it to be. Then is it feasible? How big? How long? Why? Who would pay to play? How much? etc. Bu the first step is detailing your idea so much that by the time you finish, you think you've already finished your game. And then that's when it really begins.
well said that man. doing a design doc is always a good idea for pretty much any project but if you're really so set on getting the game published thenyou really, REALLY, need to make sure you do everything properly or else you're just not going to succeed or it will just take too long to get there...

have you actually done any projects before? or even worked with irrlicht before? if not then you'd be better off doing some simple games to get used to the process and using irrlicht and then you go dive into your big idea after you've gained some important experience and made all the n00by mistakes that people make (and by n00by i dont mean to cause offense, i mean it in the literal sense, someone who's new to games programming or a new engine so haven't made the mistakes that everyone makes)
Image Image Image
3DModelerMan

thanks

Post by 3DModelerMan »

Thanks for the help. I have a good enough idea what I'm getting into now so I should be fine. And anyway my game is a mixed genre type of project. I actually am migrating to Irrlicht from Blitz 3D.

My first full game:
KakashiXP

Post by KakashiXP »

can you show us what you have so far?

i wanna see what you think you have that has not been done yet... 8)
remember kids, you are what you eat :-)
and... look everybody, its hitler buddy!

3DModelerMan

well

Post by 3DModelerMan »

It's similar to a couple things... first it resembles Harvest moon, in that it simulates the life of someone, but it simulates the life of a wolf.
I think it could be a big hit if I get the program just right. :D

My first full game:
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

Sure, it could be.
JP

Post by JP »

Yeah, big IF there. Personally i'd suggest getting a team of people together if you actually want to get anything worthwhile done and in any realistic time frame.
Image Image Image
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

^^^
Don't listen to that naysayer. It's perfectly possible for a single developer to conceive, script, model, author and test a successful commercial console game (you asked about the Wii).

I mean, it just involves writing stuff and doing things. And more stuff. How hard could it be?
JP

Post by JP »

:lol:
Image Image Image