Collisione Detection with Newton

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
nannolo

Collisione Detection with Newton

Post by nannolo »

Hi all ,
i m going to use Newton
for my project with irrlicht

which is the most easy to use physic engine?

is it a good idea to use Newton for evreything?
even for collission between the main character and the world?
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

Do you have any idea how many times this question has been asked?

Of course not. Why bother to get an answer straight away by searching the wealth of knowledge in existing threads, when you can start yet another "wich phsyic engane shood i yews????" thread and wait for someone to take the time to craft a personal answer tailored just for you?

OK, sure. I don't need to know what your problem domain or requirements are: Newton is the easiest and best. You should use it. Good luck. Next question.
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
nannolo

Post by nannolo »

rogerborg wrote:Do you have any idea how many times this question has been asked?

Of course not. Why bother to get an answer straight away by searching the wealth of knowledge in existing threads, when you can start yet another "wich phsyic engane shood i yews????" thread and wait for someone to take the time to craft a personal answer tailored just for you?

OK, sure. I don't need to know what your problem domain or requirements are: Newton is the easiest and best. You should use it. Good luck. Next question.
My question wasn't "what about newton" at all...
...you missunderstand my question...

... ANYWAY ...
my main question was this-> "is it a good idea to use Newton even for collision between the main character and the world?"
Last edited by nannolo on Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cdrwolfe

Post by cdrwolfe »

No!

or Perhaps YES?

I'am not really sure as i have never used either.

Regards Wolfe
nannolo

Post by nannolo »

cdrwolfe wrote:No!

or Perhaps YES?
wow...

i mean
i want to use it istead of the triangle selector

?_?
nannolo

Post by nannolo »

rogerborg wrote:Do you have any idea Why bother to get an answer straight away by searching the wealth of knowledge in existing threads, when you can start yet another "wich phsyic engane shood i yews????" thread and wait for someone to take the time to craft a personal answer tailored just for you?
I didin't find no one that used the newton engine for the main charchter control , THAT'S WHY I ASKED THIS QUESTION, i have already seen about irrlicht throught the tutorials about newton , but i didn't find my answer there
sudi

Post by sudi »

then u didn't check the irrlicht forum. bc there are hundreds posts about using newton. and i know that bc i answered to almost all of them. but seeing u being that lazy i will just say use the search function.
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
nannolo

Post by nannolo »

Sudi wrote:then u didn't check the irrlicht forum. bc there are hundreds posts about using newton. and i know that bc i answered to almost all of them. but seeing u being that lazy i will just say use the search function.
Yes i used the search function, any other ways to search something?
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

nannolo wrote: My question wasn't "what about newton" at all...
...you missunderstand my question...
With all due respect, I submit that you misunderstood your own question, which takes some doing.

nannolo wrote: ... ANYWAY ...
my main question was this-> "is it a good idea to use Newton even for collision between the main character and the world?"
And we're psychic are we, that we will somehow know how complex your "main character" and your "world" are, and how detailed you need your collision to be?

Garbage in, garbage out.
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way