[SOLVED] [D3D9] Problem with antialiasing.

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
impulse3d

[SOLVED] [D3D9] Problem with antialiasing.

Post by impulse3d »

Hi,

I've searched the forum (and even posted a while back), but I haven't found an answer. Does anyone have trouble running with antialiasing on in D3D9. I use an 8800 GT.

This trouble is that, with it off, everything is fine. With it on, things get drawn in incorrect orders (maybe something turns off z-buffering?). For an example image, see an earlier post I made about this issue here.

My device initialization code (C#):

Code: Select all

_device = new IrrlichtDevice(DriverType.Direct3D9, new Dimension2D(GAME_WIDTH, GAME_HEIGHT), 32, false, true, false, true);
It works fine in OpenGL, but not D3D9. It may be relevant that I have transparent materials in my scene. Any ideas?
Last edited by impulse3d on Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yes, remove the zwriteenable=false statements from the d3d material renderers (all of them...) and make sure you set the zbuffer falgs properly in your materials. This should resolve all transparency problems.
impulse3d

Post by impulse3d »

Great, this worked like a charm. Thanks Hybrid!
impulse3d

Post by impulse3d »

I'm curious though--why is it that this only affects scenes with anti-aliasing turned on, and not off?
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

OpenGL has no FSAA under Windows, currently. For D3D I don't know if there's a difference, maybe some other zbuffer is used and hides some problems.