Post Your Irrlicht Screenshots / Render Here.

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

I'm making another version of that, adding more beef into it which will be an LOD higher than that.

Setting up the LOD is __very__ hard, tho.

I read somewhere there should be at least 10 to 15 LOD levels to eliminate popping.

lostclimategames

Post by lostclimategames »

or you could figure out how to measure at what point your replacement stops looking worse than your full detail, and only change it at that distance.
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

With regard to what lostclimategames said You could perhaps try to see how tall or wide a mesh is in screen space (That is, the amount of pixels it has in the greatest side of the rectangle that contains the rendered image of the object), and when the mesh height or width is below that limit, you can switch to a lower level of detail because it is far/small enough for you to render it into a more complex way.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

Umm, guys, obviously I was talking about the model previous to the city model. Of course I can tell those are just planes with textures on them.
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

Hey Dlangdev, could you also give some insight into how you textured that level with all the archways? Since there is a lot of repition, did you use a texture for each repeat, or are they all in one texture? I'm just curious since I'm trying to get back into modelling.
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

Halifax: One texture was used for all arches that have two tones, another texture was used for one color only. The lightmap was applied as the second texture.

For normal mapping, the lightmap was replaced with a normal map, and a light node was used to interact with the normalmap.
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

sudi

Post by sudi »

Here is some of my latest shader work with irrlicht.

We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

color + ambient + lightmap w/ GI

color + ambient + lightmap w/o GI
Last edited by dlangdev on Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

color + ambient

aanderse

Post by aanderse »

where'd you get those textures, they're pretty awesome.
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

Thanks, I got them from Google images. I use them for educational purposes only.
sudi

Post by sudi »

Hey dlangdev what are u actually trying to achieve with those imges?
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.