BeamSceneNode

Post those lines of code you feel like sharing or find what you require for your project here; or simply use them as tutorials.
sudi

Post by sudi »

Ok now everything looks correct at least to me:
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
D-Eagle

Post by D-Eagle »

Hey, what's that glow thing on the green character in that screenshot?
Some glow-map shader thing? Looks cool, is there a snippet for it somewhere?
sudi

Post by sudi »

D-Eagle wrote:Hey, what's that glow thing on the green character in that screenshot?
Some glow-map shader thing? Looks cool, is there a snippet for it somewhere?
jepp thats some glow shader thingy.
i will release my shader effect lib next week then u can easily make either postprocess effects or some cool material shaders.
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
Murloc992

Post by Murloc992 »

IMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR!!1 :lol:

Awesome node, thanks! :D
paperjack

Post by paperjack »

I have trouble compiling this.
It says

Code: Select all

In constructor `irr::scene::CBeamNode::CBeamNode(irr::scene::ISceneNode*, irr::scene::ISceneManager*, irr::s32, char*, char*)': 
'class irr::video::SMaterial' has no member named 'Textures'
I'm not sure how do I fix this...
sudi

Post by sudi »

@paperjack

i just checked my source i thought it maybe due to an old irrlicht version but there is no Textures in the code?what code are you using?
paperjack

Post by paperjack »

Sudi wrote:@paperjack

i just checked my source i thought it maybe due to an old irrlicht version but there is no Textures in the code?what code are you using?
What do you mean what code I'm using ? I'm using the latest irrlicht taken directly from the site.
The code I'm using is the one in the first post of this thread.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

Murloc992 wrote:Image

IMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR!!1 :lol:

Awesome node, thanks! :D
awesome! XD
paperjack

Post by paperjack »

nobody can help me D: ?
Murloc992

Post by Murloc992 »

paperjack wrote:nobody can help me D: ?
I can give you the one from my example, I have already fixed it and it SHOULD work with 1.7.1++(SVN).

BeamNode (MediaFire)
researcher

Help!!!!!!

Post by researcher »

Hi
I am very new to irrlicht. Can someone please tell me where does the USAGE code of BeamSceneNode go? The code doesn't work for me. I really need to make this code work. Please reply
Adler1337

Post by Adler1337 »

In your game. :roll: Perhaps you should get more programming experience before using irrlicht.
multum in parvo
researcher

Post by researcher »

I am completely aware of the fact that it goes in my game. What my question was that where exactly in the code do i write it in? Like does it go in the main function ?
Radikalizm

Post by Radikalizm »

researcher wrote:I am completely aware of the fact that it goes in my game. What my question was that where exactly in the code do i write it in? Like does it go in the main function ?
I suggest you read up on what classes are, what they're used for, how to write them, and how to incorporate someone else's classes in your project
You really need a knowledge of C++ to work with irrlicht, I don't mean to be harsh but this is just the truth, if you have to ask something like this then it's obvious you don't have enough programming knowledge
researcher

Post by researcher »

Thanks for the advice. I am actually not working on a game. I just want to create a laser beam on screen and yes I have not worked with irrlicht before and thus asked the question. It would be really helpful if you could just answer my question. Thanks a lot