badly showing mesh on irredit

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
osonmez

badly showing mesh on irredit

Post by osonmez »

If I import a 3ds max mesh into irredit, it is being seen very badly. But if i store the same file to the web site (http://www.3dvia.com/ipala/), it is being seen very nice...
where is the problem?
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

It's probably the 3ds file format, which is not very well supported by Irrlicht. Try to export to b3d or .obj instead.
osonmez

Post by osonmez »

this is in web page:

but this is in irredit:

i draw pictures in 3ds max...what can i do?[/url]
torleif

Post by torleif »

Use a plugin to export the file formats for either: B3D, MD3, or MD2. Simply Google the plugins to download.

BTW: try to learn blender. You won't regret it .
osonmez

Post by osonmez »

i downloaded "b3d pipeline" to export b3d files for 3ds max...
i imported b3d file which was exported by 3ds max and there is still the same problem...it is being seen badly
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

I guess the mesh uses some special materials from MAX, which means that it cannot be rendered correctly without MAX. You'll have to think about an alternative way to render the mesh as expected, though just more polys might be overkill for just a curtain...
osonmez

Post by osonmez »

How can we export from MAX to looks like meshes on http://www.3dvia.com/ipala
osonmez

Post by osonmez »

http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... inkcu5.jpg
while the picture is in alpha mode on 3dsmax, it is being seen as top. but while the picture is in rgb mode it is being seen as bottom...does irredit support the rgb mode? because if we import some mesh it looks like as top. if it doesn't support, what can we do?
Munger

Post by Munger »

It looks like your model is not being lit properly. It's quite likely that your normals have not come through properly (are you using 3DS smoothing groups? Not the way to go). Another possibility is that you haven't set up your lighting correctly. So things to check:
  • Use sceneManager->addSphereSceneNode() to check that it is lit correctly (i.e. looks like a smooth shaded sphere.
    Look at the methods in IMeshManipulator (get one from sceneManager->getMeshManipulator()), specifically:
    • IMeshManipulator->flipSurfaces() (the lacy bits around the top of your curtains look like they have incorrect winding order).
      IMeshManipulator->recalculateNormals (so you don't have to worry about adding your own normals).
osonmez

Post by osonmez »

We want to compile IrrKLang.dll again. How can We do? Can you help us?
stevend

Post by stevend »

irrklang is not open source.

why would you want to recompile this anyways
osonmez

Post by osonmez »

can you tell me where irrEdit uses irrKlang.dll...we have irrEdit source code and license...
stevend

Post by stevend »

you should try the irredit forums

http://www.ambiera.at/forum/Blah.pl

most people here do not own a license for irredit and cannot help you.
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

osonmez wrote:can you tell me where irrEdit uses irrKlang.dll...we have irrEdit source code and license...
afaik irrEdit only uses the irrKlang dll in the irrKlangSceneNode plugin. If you don't use this plugin it should have no reason to load the dll.
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room