Antialias my RTT

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
jingquan

Antialias my RTT

Post by jingquan »

I know it's not possible to use the irrlicht (multi-sample?) antialias as it only works for geomentry, and doesn't apply to RTT postprocessing. I have searched for an egde detecting blurring shader but didn't find any regarding it. Any ideas how I can do it?

BTW, i think supersampling down my extra large RTT is impossible since it's larger than my screen resolution and IrrCP doesn't allow rendering larger than my screen resolution.
qez111

Post by qez111 »

Sorry to bring this up again, but I have the same question as the above poster and want to know if there is a way to Anti-alias the RTT texture.

Thanks.
sudi

Post by sudi »

We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

For OpenGL we could use the FBO multisample extension, but that's only on supported systems and when using FBOs. PBuffers don't seem to support multisampling, so no chance there either.
So for other occasions you will still have to rely on the mentioned downsampling, which would be the best to start with anyway then.