irredit 0.7.1 ans bsp - doesnt work?

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Edwart

irredit 0.7.1 ans bsp - doesnt work?

Post by Edwart »

hi,

i have a problem when i import bsp files in irredit.
the console reports no errors but "polycount:0": the texture were loaded in the texture-menu.
but i cant see the mesh in the view-window.

i tried it with maps of gtkradiant and the original bsp-map of irrlicht. always the same.
i extracted the pk3 file and then wanted to open the bsp (the aas is in the same directory). i only the the arrows to move the mesh, but nothing else...

can you help me please?

Thanx
Edwart
wuallen

Post by wuallen »

It is because that irredit can't find the path some files, try to config the working directory path, "tools->option->working directory".
JP

Post by JP »

And why not update to IrrEdit 1.4.2, it's sure to be better!
Image Image Image
jontan6

Post by jontan6 »

place your map and texture folder in the same level as irredit.exe
then import map/XXX.bsp, works for me
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

Edwart wrote:Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007
:roll:
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
JP

Post by JP »

Oh for *bleep* sake wuallen why the *bleep* are you wasting yours and other's time by replying to posts that are nearly a year old?? What does it gain? Are you just hunting through old, unanswered posts so you can answer something?
Image Image Image
wuallen

Post by wuallen »

JP wrote:Oh for *bleep* sake wuallen why the *bleep* are you wasting yours and other's time by replying to posts that are nearly a year old?? What does it gain? Are you just hunting through old, unanswered posts so you can answer something?
:) I just reply a post, maybe it is a little bit old.

I don't want to waste anybody's time. Last night I couldn't load bsp file, so I searched the post, then I found the answer and I replied this post.

I do this because I want to do as more help as I can. I get so much from this forum. I love this forum.

Dear JP, I love you too, and your "bleep" reminds me of the run way project program. :)
Frank Dodd

Post by Frank Dodd »

Personally I would agree with wuallen, its very useful to fill in the blanks. Many people use the forum to search for answers to problems they are having, this answer is still relevant and could certainly be useful to other people.

However it might have been worth putting a "warning reply to old post" in there although I doubt I would have thought to do that either.