Problems with forum

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
warui

Problems with forum

Post by warui »

Do you experience problems similar to mine: sometimes forum pages take long time to load and sometimes don't even load at all. It's realy frustrating when you want to post something :x
Tomasz Nowakowski
Openoko - www.openoko.pl
LordNaikon

Post by LordNaikon »

yes ! i have the same problem but i don't think it has to do with the forum directly! sometimes when i run programms in the background und shut them down after this it take nearly minutes to load some of the pages .
q|^.^|p beeing every time friendly to everyone
sys: 2500+Barton 512MB 6600GT WinXP
warui

Post by warui »

But i have this problem only with irrlicht forum. Other site loads normaly. And it started few days ago. Before that everything was working normal.
Tomasz Nowakowski
Openoko - www.openoko.pl

Post by Guest »

I have the same problem as you warui. Its really enoying
Endar

Post by Endar »

Really annoying!!
It took 4-5 mins to load my forum inbox.

I know it may sound short, but when you're sitting in front of the screen twiddling my thumbs with nothing to do, it feels like hours!! :D
"The reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of one hour."
-Japanese Proverb
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

This is a common SourceForge happening.

Every once in a while, SF has major server limitation issues that causes forum problems like this which is why they started the subscription service and made more prominent donation links.

If you enjoy SF or anything hosted on SF, consider donating to improve the system.

https://sourceforge.net/donate/

I'm currently a subscriber, donor, project administrator, project user, and general supporter.
Crud, how do I do this again?
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

A solution would be: Don't post that much messages. :) But I guess all other users of other sf projects will have to do this too, if it should have any effect. :). Ok, just wrote nonsence.
thesmileman

Post by thesmileman »

I had the problem the day before yesterday where I could not go to the forum for 5 or six hours but everything else irrlicht.sourceforge.net and all other websites did not work just the forum had the problem. Maybe this is what you mentioned or maybe I just post too much
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

SF had scheduled downtime yesterday, hdd swapping. At least it wasn't like ogre (down from 8pm ish yesterday to 12 pm ish today)
The Robomaniac
Project Head / Lead Programmer
Centaur Force
thesmileman

Post by thesmileman »

OGRE SMOGRE :D No Ogre is pretty nice but I really like Axiom the C# port of OGRE with ODE integration setup our of the box(Well kinda our of the box after you compile it)
Last edited by thesmileman on Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

Ogre == Awesome :P

It is more complex, but it is a good engine :P

I love it :D
The Robomaniac
Project Head / Lead Programmer
Centaur Force