Little Havok and Irrlicht integration demo.

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
benny53

Post by benny53 »

Did it run as well?

Either way, I'm working on a new and more clean demo. This time I'm going to focus on making it more game play oriented to show how you can use it for different styles of game play. This one focusing on more of how Halo handles it ( fps, then third person view in vehicles ). As well, I'll probably write a scene node for Havok animated meshes.

Oh, and I'm also going to put a few shaders in there ( SSAO for sure, I'm then going to try my luck on HDR, but SSAO is the only major shader I've gotten working in a few libraries ).

And this new demo will support multi-threading as well. Its already in ( the ability to choose: multi-threading, single threading discrete simulation, and single threading CCD simulation ). So be on the look out for that in about a week or less. I'll make a new thread for it as I'm going to base a game on that little demo more than likely.

What I love about Havok is the control it gives you over, for instance, animated ragdolls and such ( great for zombies, which my game will most likely be focused on ). Needless to say that can be slow whilst having a mass of them, so it'd probably be based on an LOD thing for them ( a list of the closest zombies and only they are animated ragdolls, whilst the other zombies are just animated ). But I'm looking forward to showing what Havok and Irrlicht can really accomplish.
huydotnet

Post by huydotnet »

It works well, i am trying to integrate state manager to this demo but seem not work :( may be my state manager class has a problem
benny53

Post by benny53 »

Heh, well, I'll most likely integrate one into my next demo as I have multithreading and so on I need to have options for. My new demo will be ready soon as I have havok 6.0 integrated to the extent of the old demo, just with a much cleaner and actually documented code.