Post Your Irrlicht Screenshots / Render Here.

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
oldskoolPunk

Post by oldskoolPunk »

L3DT IS impressive! for the price :) $0
Signature? I ain't signin nuthin!
MasterD

Post by MasterD »

Nices shots, so I go with a shot too :D

YASS - Yet another Space Shooter
under Devolpment, see http://yass-engine.de
arras

Post by arras »

MasterD >> shaders and/or postprocesing?
MasterD

Post by MasterD »

One Shader for the ground, two for the atmosphere, no postprocessing / HDR stuff :cry:
See http://http.developer.nvidia.com/GPUGem ... ter16.html
YASS - Yet another Space Shooter
under Devolpment, see http://yass-engine.de
arras

Post by arras »

nice staff MasterD :)
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

my little contribution... if just shaders didn't hate me >.< Anyone knows of a better tutorial for shaders in Irrlicht than that which comes with the engine? i kind of find it way too straight. Anyone uses renderMonkey shaders? i hope you like it :)
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
fmx

Post by fmx »

wow, that really is awesome!
the last few screenies show just how much Irrlicht has come along since those tutorials and initial demos were written :P

Mel, what shaders in particular? HLSL, GLSL, Cg?
There's many shader guru's in these forums (BlindSide, Sudi and omaremad spring to mind) and I'm sure if you gave more details in the correct forum section they'd all be happy to help

(i'm not a shader guru mind, just some basic Cg nothing much >_>)

:D
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

Anyone knows of a better tutorial for shaders in Irrlicht than that which comes with the engine? i kind of find it way too straight.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Tho I'm still working on this shader code, porting it actually from Humus. Still a work-in-progress.

Anyway, nice art, I like it.
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Wow that looks sweet Mel, if I wasn't so busy with exams I'd be sure to help out, and MasterD thanks for that link, I was getting tired of all the lengths people went through to get something like atmospheric scattering, I'm glad there is an easy to SM 2.0 method out there that doesn't require like 20 Volume texture lookups (And looking good while it's at it, cue Space Odyssey music.).
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Well, now i'm working only with DirectX, so, i guess my point would be to HLSL, although i'd like to know about both.

CG? what is exactly Cg, maybe i know it for another name, but who knows.

That was a screen of a first attempt to make the engine work, now i'm encapsulating each part into its own module, and such.

Thanks about the art opinion, yeah, im good with 3D art XD.

By the way. Is there any way to access an octree saved from the Irredit to use it as an octree optimized collision mesh? i know about the methods which get you a ISceneNode, but what i'd like to know is if there is another method to get the Octree itself, it is, you load it from the IRR fille, with its materials set from there, and then, you build the collision animator from THAT very octree.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
Eigen
Competition winner

Post by Eigen »

That looks nice indeed, Mel. I found myself moving mouse around on that picture to move the camera around, but then I remembered .. "oh yeah". I'd like to see it in action. What's the setting anyway? The blue makes it look like it's underwater outside the building (probably isn't)

MasterD, your shots look very nice too. I like the first the best.
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Oh, don't pay attention to the blue fog, it is just an experiment with it. In fact the setting would be inside a mountain, or so, it is a sort of futuristic train station. Still in progress, mybe i post something later :)

The point is that there is no mouse camera! is a third person camera like Resident Evil ones, or more accurately, Devil May Cry ones. It moves freely around the stage, and keeps its focus always looking towards the player.
twilight17

Post by twilight17 »

Mel wrote:...there is no mouse camera! is a third person camera like Resident Evil ones, or more accurately, Devil May Cry ones. It moves freely around the stage, and keeps its focus always looking towards the player.
Awesome!

:D
Post this userbar I made on other websites to show your support for Irrlicht!
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1261 ... wernq4.png
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Is a camera whose position doesn't change too much, i first thought of it as a camera which followed a spline, but then i saw places where the camera was free, so, now, to be exact, the camera is indeed free. but it doesn't move too much from the point it is placed in. Then, it follows the character all along the stage. So, the character may move in any direction, and the camera follows it.

I've thought of a system where cameras change dinamycally its position when near some places, then, in that position, the camera is free to move, but always pointing to the player. That along a system of fixed path cameras where it always shows the best angle of a scene (chosen by me, of course, the camera isn't that intelligent!... yet :P) is what i have in mind.
fmx

Post by fmx »

will you be releasing a playable-demo / some presentable material soon Mel?

the game feels quite atmospheric just from that single screenshot and your description of how the camera works. Intrigued to see more!

(might also reduce off-topic posts in this thread :P)