Post Your Irrlicht Screenshots / Render Here.

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
jontan6

Post by jontan6 »

very nice dude
Eigen
Competition winner

Post by Eigen »

I like it too, but I think you should make the leaves a little bigger. They are too small compared to the branches.
Also, why is the FPS so low on that screenshot?

Here's a couple of new ones from my game. Click to see full-size ..

Your must-have-snow-level:
Image Image

Image Image Image

Again, nothing really fancy. But I hope you like them.
JP

Post by JP »

Looking nice there Eigen, some nice art going on!

Here's the only semi-worthy screenshot i've had to post in a long time due to only really working on simple examples with no nice graphics to show off!

From my little game example using IrrPhysx:

I modelled everything myself (can you tell? :lol:)
Image Image Image
jontan6

Post by jontan6 »

is there some game sample the irrlicht community is doing, maybe as part of the SDK sample. so we could somehow contribute... something like that...
roelor

Post by roelor »

JP wrote:Looking nice there Eigen, some nice art going on!

Here's the only semi-worthy screenshot i've had to post in a long time due to only really working on simple examples with no nice graphics to show off!

From my little game example using IrrPhysx:

I modelled everything myself (can you tell? :lol:)
All it does look nice. I dont like the sniper like weapon though. cuz that one is a bit ugly. But the rest looks cool. p.s. would you mind sending me the link when your done (it is a free opensource example right?)
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Geez, i wish i had a pysics engine set to work with my program, then, moving platforms, or coliding with enemies would be a bit easier (i guess)

By the way! Cool images! that shooter project reminds me of the Torque Game Engine ^^U

None the less. Today i got this screen out of my shader tests, and i thought it was nice enough to show it here! :) hope you like it!

http://i36.tinypic.com/5txk8.jpg
Last edited by Mel on Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
roelor

Post by roelor »

Mel wrote:Geez, i wish i had a pysics engine set to work with my program, then, moving platforms, or coliding with enemies would be a bit easier (i guess)

None the less. Today i got this screen out of my shader tests, and i thought it was nice enough to show it here! :) hope you like it!

http://i36.tinypic.com/5txk8.jpg
That is most definitly nice ;P good models also.
mk.1

Post by mk.1 »

very nice art. What I like most about this screenshot is its artistic consistency. You don't mix colors that don't fit, it's got a very unique style.

Keep going!
JP

Post by JP »

Mel, why not check out my IrrPhysx project? Should be very easy to get stuff like that set up! (not sure about moving platforms quite yet thought but you will be able to eventually!)

roelor, the game example is open source and available from the IrrPhysx post in the projects forum. You can use any of the models as you wish :) The sniper rifle is indeed pretty terrible... but then i'm a pretty terrible modeller... i can do box based sort of objects... simple things but a gun is a bit beyond me... it does the job though for the example!
Image Image Image
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Wow Mel. that looks pretty :D
Last edited by BlindSide on Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
lucifer1101

Post by lucifer1101 »

i have to agree there, that is one of the best screens i have seen as of yet, i love what you did to give it such a great feeling with the light and all...
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

I'm glad. Really part of the merit goes to BlindSide, because of his great Xeffects and the bloom shader, and soft shadows, without them, the image loses a lot of its charm, you can disable them, and it is not the same, in any way. In my spare time, i also draw a bit, and do 3d art ^^U so, yes, there is a great artistic sense put in the image.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
roelor

Post by roelor »

Post withouth bloom and shaders then. I still want to see
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

There you are... ^^U

http://i34.tinypic.com/29w1hqt.jpg

I've tried to get it in the same angle, that is the image without BlindSide's effects.
roelor

Post by roelor »

Yerr, I do love the models. But without blindsides effects the fog is really ruining it.