my new website!

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
jingquan

my new website!

Post by jingquan »

Heya, checkout my new webblog ( http://pixelpretation.com/ ) I did to replace my old orandysoftware.com. My first shot at a wordpress theme.

Since then, I decided to write on informative stuff and tutorials, rather than just projects showcases I used to post.

Love to hear any feedbacks on the design and layout.
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

I have nothing bad to say about the layout, color scheme, style, Etc. To me, it looks pretty good.

I did read about your 3D game project going down, though. You could still keep making 3D demos which is still fun, you won't have any team to work with, no pressures about deliverables. Well, it's more about R&D and playing around with interesting ideas.
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

Hmm, I noticed they were some breakage in the layout. Check your CSS and see why the header is little off.

By the way, let me know if you have the itch to make games, not the serious multimillion dollar games, we could do something simple enough to move to the next level of our skill, work on a project that can be added to our online portfolio.
jingquan

Post by jingquan »

Heya, I noticed the 'breakage' too if the browser width is less than 1010px. I'll have the header and footer in the wrapper aswell.

Coding (and 3D) is a little boring to me these days, but I'm sure I'll be back one day to work on gamedev someday. I've seen several of your nice 3d models loaded with Irrlicht, you have talent there. :D I have never done UV mapping on models before, so I had to create plains for each texture and it don't work on small objects.

Oh btw, I have almost to no knowledge of C++ (I've worked with vb.net and C# and java only), but it'll be taught in my school next semester for game development.

Anyway, I'll lookout for you so we can work on some cool project. I'd say I'm pretty good with lighting and bloom and messy onscreen effects, those combined with a great GI baked map and some new shadowmapping techniques all in a deferred renderer....awsome demo! 8)
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

Yeah, same here. I'm busy with work at the moment, coding server-side stuff, really boring multi-user network blah-blah-blah stuff.

I'm also bored with modeling, texturing and rendering at the moment.

It's pretty much a boring October and November months.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to January, when things start to settle down and people here will be cool and laid-back again. Right now, it's pretty much near crunch-time, though.
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Looks nice and a good set of tutorials
peacerosetx

Post by peacerosetx »

Nice layout jingquan...really easy to find things. The logo graphic tutorial was informative...great to see the Irrlicht links as well!

Peace.
___Trusting in the Lord
henkten

Post by henkten »

Hey jingquan, I just came from the site, the design is awesome man. Really nice overall, I love the nice artwork, the relaxing soft colour scheme. Really nice website and great work man! Great artist, designer and programmer :shock: - alot of talent to thank God for man, lol. :)
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

I like both the site and the iPhone skin. On the top banner and the footer the little block guys legs look pixilated. This could however be either my resolution or IE8.
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>