how to use ISceneManager::registerSceneNodeFactory() ?

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
vitek
Bug Slayer

Post by vitek »

I didn't say anything about having irrKlang. You need the header and source for the CIrrKlangSceneNode and CIrrKlangSceneNodeFactory classes. I linked you to the correct place, but it appears that you dismissed my suggestion before even reading it completely.

This time I'll spell it out for you. You _need_ to download the header and source file that contain the declarations and definitions for the types that I mention above. You can find a link on this page. If you don't download these additional files, you will have zero success in getting your code to work with the irrKlang node and node factories.

Travis
Systemerror

Post by Systemerror »

That was a misunderstanding, so sorry about that, and thanks for the link.
-System error
Systemerror

Ok need a little advice...

Post by Systemerror »

Ok guys,

I've downloaded and have included the "irrKlangSceneNode.h" sucessfully within my game as it's finding the CIrrKlangSceneNodeFactory etc...

I've looked through the header and use this code within my game:

Code: Select all

CIrrKlangSceneNodeFactory* factory = new CIrrKlangSceneNodeFactory(engine, smgr);
         smgr->registerSceneNodeFactory(factory);
         factory->drop();
However I get a link error, as far as I can see everything is correct but their is abviously a problem, can anyone elaborate on the below error or tell me if they have come across the same thing and their soloution - (i'm using VC++ 2008 express) here is the error:

1>Linking...
1>Main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall CIrrKlangSceneNodeFactory::CIrrKlangSceneNodeFactory(class irrklang::ISoundEngine *,class irr::scene::ISceneManager *)" (??0CIrrKlangSceneNodeFactory@@QAE@PAVISoundEngine@irrklang@@PAVISceneManager@scene@irr@@@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl Start_Game_Function(void)" (?Start_Game_Function@@YAXXZ)
-System error
Dark_Kilauea

Post by Dark_Kilauea »

Include the cpp files in your project.
rogerborg wrote:Every time someone learns to use a debugger, an angel gets their wings.