Post Your Irrlicht Screenshots / Render Here.

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

roelor

Post by roelor »

you forgot shadows on ground.
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

I always wondered what were those spots on the walls, now i see those are A.O. passes.

I got to finally figure what were Tangent, Binormal and Normal channels for ;)
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

That's looking really good there Mel. I like those screenshots.
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

You wrote your own shader. I can see the specular in there.
roelor

Post by roelor »

Id personally stay away from shaders as much as possible. (like baking bumpmapped textures as much as possible. (so you can remove the bump but keep the shadows, pros: better support for older hardware, cons: if you pay attention youll notice its baked instead of rendered.)
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Yeah, and that is something i -really- don't like, bad tricks, when you can have the real thing. In the end, i could understand how were the normal and stuff used in normal bumpmap, so, i could write a shader on my own. but still i think there is something wrong, the phong model should have circular highlights, and not "stripes" it reminds me to a sort of anisotropic highlights ^^U
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

Eigen
Competition winner

Post by Eigen »

I made a little gameplay footage from my game showing the action (that's REALLY stretching it) and .. things. I thought I'd post it here since I don't have a thread in the forum for my project yet (it's coming soon). I hope you like it. I made it just for fun, so you guys could at least get a faint idea how it looks like in action.

What you can see in this video ..

First of there is some shooting/sniping the enemies. Couple of headshots. No blood yet though :(
You can also see a couple of vehicles and just some running around in the level. Nothing fancy, really.

See the YouTube video here:
oldskoolPunk

Post by oldskoolPunk »

Dude! thats so great man! Good work :)
Signature? I ain't signin nuthin!
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Wow that is amazing. You can go in the tank!! :shock: and a hummer, and you can set the building on fire!

Just wondering, where did you get your media/assets? I recognize some of klaskers trees in there, were the vehicles from turbosquid?

Cheers and nice work!
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
Eigen
Competition winner

Post by Eigen »

The trees are actually a freebie from Loopix-Project. The hummer is from TurboSquid indeed but the tank is from Renegade 2 tech-demo model pack that was released when the project was canceled. The weapons are from several games (WolfET, Quake3) and from TurboSquid also. The whole level architecture and a few detail object here and there are made by me. There you have it :D. My work is more of putting it all together.

Thanks for the comments!
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

A simple detail bump shader. Takes the normal map, and duplicates its efects by multiplying the UV coordinates, and resampling again the bump Map with the multiplied UV, getting effectively a smaller version of the bumpmap, and mixing it by adding the rescaled bump to the original bump, and normalizing the effect, so it is in the correct rank of the normal maps.

Cellshading shader. This is like the "Killer 7" shader, but with 2 lights, specualr highlights, normal maps and fog. The cellshaders look better with simple textures, but for a small test, this gets very well. Whenever the dot product between the light and the normal gets under 25%, it is fixed to 25%, if not, it is 100%.

Another Bloom/HDR-like effect, very simple, using Blindside's Xeffects, it is not his bloom shader, but one i tried based on a simpler approach to that lighting effect.
xsocom

Post by xsocom »

Looks awsome mel, keep it up :)
sudi

Post by sudi »

Hey Mel are u planning on releasing your shaders at sme point? bc they look really awesome.
I a working on a minigame which could use some nice shaders like that.
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.