Singleton question

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Murcho

Post by Murcho »

:oops:
@monkeycracks : Yeah, very very very right there. All fixed up now though. In a blind frenzy to get this project done atm, and it was working (although it was vulnerable), so missed it.

Thanks!

As you might have read in my other post, this is for my Tech Demo for getting a games programming job, so showing that I can use design patterns (properly now :P) is my main motivation for using the Singleton here.

And don't worry, I have a few professional friends who will be looking over my code once it's done before I send it anywhere. That mistake would have lost me many potential jobs. :?
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

Murcho wrote:As you might have read in my other post, this is for my Tech Demo for getting a games programming job, so showing that I can use design patterns (properly now :P) is my main motivation for using the Singleton here.
Just curious, if I may ask, what companies are you applying to?
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
Murcho

Post by Murcho »

I'm just going to be applying to games companies in Australia. Theres a lot in Melbourne and Brisbane, so I'm going to be focusing on those regions. I'm not really tied down atm, so I can pick up and head to either.

I have a few contacts at some studios, such as Fuzzy Eyes, 2K Australia, Micro Forte, etc. There might be an indie studio forming from our class due to an exciting proposition from a large company (I don't think I can say much more than that), but if they can't get a proper investor, they won't be able to pay until the project is finished, so I don't think I'll be hanging round for that. Gotta pay the rent and bills :).
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
jontan6

Post by jontan6 »

Halifax wrote: Just curious, if I may ask, what companies are you applying to?
I think if Murchos' first name is John or Tim, and his last name is Carmack or Sweeney, then he dont need any design pattern