The Irrlicht-Bullet Challenge

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding game design, integration of external libraries here. For irrEdit, irrXML and irrKlang, see the
ambiera forums
WorldSmith

Post by WorldSmith »

I assume post cannabis consumption confusion or perhaps he met Lucy. :P
oldskoolPunk

Post by oldskoolPunk »

Alcohol and cannabis are major contributions to my confusion I assure you :)

A more productive challenge would perhaps be to maybe write some code that could apply general physics attributes to the graphical object using ANY physics library !

Can we not put aside our differences (my physics library can beat up your physics library) and focus on somthing more (arbitrary?) that could use any library? Since gravity, ect. is pretty much a constant no matter what language you speak? :)
Signature? I ain't signin nuthin!
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

oldskoolPunk wrote:Can we not put aside our differences (my physics library can beat up your physics library) and focus on somthing more (arbitrary?) that could use any library? Since gravity, ect. is pretty much a constant no matter what language you speak? :)
It appears that you would be interested in PAL. It basically is an abstract physics library that allows you to not worry about the underlying physics engine. And it already has support for PhysX, Bullet, and Newton.
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

OK, here's a demo (bowling) game I made for this challenge. The file is available here...

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfil ... _id=651749

What you'll see in this demo are the following features:

1) Camera is limited to a specific range.

2) Object deletion is done by means of timeout and inclination check. Object gets deleted when pin is hit and toppled, for example.

The game is not complete in the sense that it doesn't keep track of scores. It also doesn't keep track of other flags which you will see when you run the test program.

Have fun.

Ooops, I forgot, the screen is set to 1440x900. Be warned.
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

Halifax wrote:
oldskoolPunk wrote:Can we not put aside our differences (my physics library can beat up your physics library) and focus on somthing more (arbitrary?) that could use any library? Since gravity, ect. is pretty much a constant no matter what language you speak? :)
It appears that you would be interested in PAL. It basically is an abstract physics library that allows you to not worry about the underlying physics engine. And it already has support for PhysX, Bullet, and Newton.
Sounds to me like your building Babylon. No way, I'm not that geeky to even think about PAL, though. All I can do now is focus on Bullet, only then when I master this tool I'll be able to move to other Physics libraries.
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

Hey, look here. I flexed the Irrlicht muscle in Bullet Physics Forum.

http://www.bulletphysics.com/Bullet/php ... 983#p11983