scaleData mesh error

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
outkast

scaleData mesh error

Post by outkast »

Hey guys, I am trying to import a B3D mesh with bones/animations and a texture but am getting an error. When i try to run the program it gives "the variabale 'scaleData' is being used without being defined". My program to load it is literally just the hello world example with the model and texture switch. Any ideas would be greatly helpful!
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

1.4.2, right? This looks to have already been fixed in 1.5beta. I'll sort it in 1.4.X.

It's benign, since scaleData isn't actually used unless it has been set. I'd recommend that you update to 1.5beta, wait for 1.5 (likely after this weekend) or checkout the 1.4 branch from SVN and use that.

Can I ask what compiler you're using, and if you've changed anything? It's a good warning, but I'm not seeing it with standard gcc, mingw or MSVC builds (2005 Express, 2008 Express).
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
outkast

Post by outkast »

thanks for the reply. I guess I will check out the beta to get things rolling :) and im using visual studio 2005 to compile.
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

Have you recompiled Irrlicht yourself, or are you using the Irrlicht.dll with the SDK? Changing any options in the debugger when you run it? I'd love to be able to generate this error. :)
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way