Taking a screenshot

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.

Taking a screenshot

Post by Guest »

Hi,
I can't make a screenshot from my game. Can anyone help me? Maybe some code? :wink:
Thanks for all help.

P.S: Please excuse my english.
arras

Post by arras »

Print Screen button (PrtSc) in upper right corner of your keyboard ...then open something like Phothoshop or MS Paint and paste. I think that you can paste directly to your desktop as well.
ZDeveloper

Post by ZDeveloper »

arras wrote:Print Screen button (PrtSc) in upper right corner of your keyboard ...then open something like Phothoshop or MS Paint and paste. I think that you can paste directly to your desktop as well.
It works, I made screenshots in the same way.
Look at http://www.z-software.de for interesting games.
Endar

Post by Endar »

But, does anyone have any hints as to how to take a screen shot and save it as a file, while still within the game?? Like for some savegames have screenshots to associated with them so you can see exactly at which point you are.
"The reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of one hour."
-Japanese Proverb
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

Get the rgb of each pixel on the screen and write it to a bmp or something. Thats basically how you do it, its just the code that you need to figure out
The Robomaniac
Project Head / Lead Programmer
Centaur Force