Trouble running Irrlicht Mac OS X SDK

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Raden Mu'az

Trouble running Irrlicht Mac OS X SDK

Post by Raden Mu'az »

Hi. I'm quite noob in Irrlicht and C++.

After downloading Irrlicht on Mac OS X SDK
I tried to open built Irrlicht exampls in /bin folders. But the example quits suddenly as I open it. Not a single Terminal window popped out.

However, when I jump into command line and put
command like "./Shader.app/Contents/MacOS/Irrlicht/Shader", The example run perfectly.
Had some question to use what renderer (DX, OpenGL, Software) on Terminal and then run normally. Why?

Also, how do I install Irrlicht on Mac OS X with XCode? Is it like installing Irrlicht on Codeblocks (Windows)?

Thanks in advance. :)
bitplane
Admin

Re: Trouble running Irrlicht Mac OS X SDK

Post by bitplane »

Raden Mu'az wrote:Hi. I'm quite noob in Irrlicht and C++.

After downloading Irrlicht on Mac OS X SDK
I tried to open built Irrlicht exampls in /bin folders. But the example quits suddenly as I open it. Not a single Terminal window popped out.

However, when I jump into command line and put
command like "./Shader.app/Contents/MacOS/Irrlicht/Shader", The example run perfectly.
Had some question to use what renderer (DX, OpenGL, Software) on Terminal and then run normally. Why?
Well, it's as you guessed, the examples need input from the console. Running them from the GUI causes them to stop while asking for input, but there's no way to input text so they stay open until you force close them. As an OSX newbie myself I haven't looked into this.
Raden Mu'az wrote:Also, how do I install Irrlicht on Mac OS X with XCode? Is it like installing Irrlicht on Codeblocks (Windows)?
Simply download and install Xcode, then just go into /source/Irrlicht/MacOSX/ and double click the project file. You can choose the demo you want to run from the drop down list in the top right.
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room