Children transformation delayed

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Nova
Competition winner

Children transformation delayed

Post by Nova »

Hi everyone,

this has possibly been discussed before, but I wasn't able to find any useful information. So here it goes:

I want to attach a sword to the hand bone of my character.

Code: Select all

Sword = Core->Smgr->addAnimatedMeshSceneNode( mesh, Node->getJointNode( "Bip01 R Hand" ) );
This works as expected, the problem is that the swords position is not updated in time. It is delayed. I drew the debugData of the skeleton but the debug Lines are updated correctly. Only my sword is late...

Hopefully someone understands my explanation. Thank you in advance for any help
B@z

Post by B@z »

i had the same problem before, and rogerborg helped to me with this code:

Code: Select all

void UpdateAbsoluteTransformationAndChildren(ISceneNode *Node)
{
   Node->updateAbsolutePosition();
   core::list<ISceneNode*>::ConstIterator it = Node->getChildren().begin();
   for (; it != Node->getChildren().end(); ++it)
   {
      UpdateAbsoluteTransformationAndChildren((*it));
   }
}
call it to your node before drawAll
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

I ran into the same problem and tried to fix it with the UpdateAbsoluteTransformationAndChildren codes.
However, it still doesn't work if I have animators attach to the character node.

After looking through the source code (v 1.5), I found that the problem is there because somehow in CBoneSceneNode.cpp line 77, the line with "updateAbsolutePosition();" is being commented out.

Seems like the problem is solved by uncommenting that line and recompile the irrlicht engine.

Is there any particular reason that the line is being commented out?