Freelance Modeler

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
GameDude

Freelance Modeler

Post by GameDude »

Hello,

I'm looking for a freelance modeler. Someone that can model people, vehicles, buildings, weapons, etc. I'm working on a game using the Irrlicht engine. It is loolsey based off Blood and Duke Nukem. I'm posting in here and not the project section, because I am just looking for a modeler that can do various things. I'll talk more about the project if your interested
IrrNoob

Post by IrrNoob »

I can help a little with modeling and textures and even basic animation if you can show me how to integrate and use a physics engine in my Irrlicht projects. Although I'm not the best programmer I'm a pretty mature blender 3d user. And I used to play Duke Nukem 3D. 8)
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

I've done quite a bit of programming. What kinda of physics engine are u using? I'm using Bullet for my game, but I should be able to help you with yours
IrrNoob

Post by IrrNoob »

I'm such a crappy programmer that I haven't got any physics engines in my project but I'd wouldn't mind using bullet, or SPE( Simple Physics Engine). I can however do alot with blender 3d, been using it for five years.

I've got a Irrlicht project that includes elements from a few of the tutorials, and I'd like some physics tutorials for Irrlicht that a beginner programmer can use. On a serious project it could possibly take me a month or two to finish all the art assets, so you would have plenty of time to develope a few stripped down physics/ Irrlicht examples. If you're willing to help me at all then I will recipicate as much as you've helped me.
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Sure, I can help you with physics and coding. Do you need help with with getting the engine into your project or with the physics coding or both? I can help with that. I have some already compiled libs for Bullet, I'll look into the SPE.
IrrNoob

Post by IrrNoob »

I need help with the integration and some samples that demonstrate how to use the engine, kinda like Irrlicht has those tutorials that are easy to pick up. Maybe some small source files like in the Irrlicht Examples. It would also help if you could provide alittle help if I run into problems.

So if your ok with that, send me a PM with the details of what you need in your project, a far as players, weapons, buildings, levels, ect. If you have any concept pictures of anything, or a ideal about the art themes of your game. I'll need to know what level of detail I'll be working on by the ideal number of triangle faces you're particular model format can support.
I'll need to know if you plan on using bump or normal maps, because I know how to bake on high res geometry to texture as well (but it takes much more time to develope high res geometry to do the baking).

Maybe an ideal about the color scheme you want (primary colors), and a the animations that are needed. As I go through and design this stuff, I can send you assets that are still in developement so that so you can make tests.

For instance, I can build geometry pretty fast depending on the object I'm modeling. Rigging (w/ IK!) and animation I'm a little slower, and texturing I'm not the best at, but will do it for you. I'm also decent at UV mapping.

But I have enough know how to upgrade the look of your game for sure.
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

OK, thanks, I'll send you some details about what I want. I can send you the already compiled Bullet libs I have
IrrNoob

Post by IrrNoob »

Ok, right on.
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

No prob
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

I could also give a hand, i have some months free from now on, if you could, help me out integrating a good physics engine in my project too ;)

http://melficexd.deviantart.com/art/hac ... l-33088558

There is quality, don't worry lol
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Sure I guess, why not, the more the better. And Yes I can help you with integrating a physics engine into Irrlicht.
lostclimategames

Post by lostclimategames »

i do actual paid freelance modeling if that is what your looking for. If your interested email me at lostclimategames[at]yahoo[dot]com
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Mel wrote:I could also give a hand, i have some months free from now on, if you could, help me out integrating a good physics engine in my project too ;)

http://melficexd.deviantart.com/art/hac ... l-33088558

There is quality, don't worry lol
Wow, nice gallery.
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Thanks! :)
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

So just PM me with what you can do and I'll help you with physics and programming