RPG engine

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Spidla

RPG engine

Post by Spidla »

As I have written some time ago I am developing high-state RPG engine using irrlicht (it is made especially for our RPG game)

The engine is called Legend of Armageddon Engine

Here are some of the features :

- engine has EntititesFactory, so you can create your own entity or you can use template from engine (templates available : ActorEntity and StaticObjectEntity)
- entity class is full of usefull functions to control entity model (animations, states, moving macros for 'walking' , 'running' and more...) and you can attach to entity your own data structures (like race,strength,attacknumber); every entity can be load from XML definition

- all entities are hold in World class which controls whole scene with world; through this class you can add and manage skybox, water surfaces,particle effects (engine jas integrated effects like rain,snow ...), entities and more ..
also here you can attach user data structures; world can be load from XML definition

- next class is GameSession which holds all game-related data; here you can manage database of help variables; whole database can be also saved/load to/from encrypted file (savegame) ; engine is prepared for possible multiplayer

- engine has the DialogFactory, where you can create your own dialogs (using Irrlicht GUI) or you can use template from engine (available are OptionsDialog, LoadSaveDialog, MainMenuDialog)

- engine is using FMOD for sound/music playing; it is controlled by FMOD class

- engine is using CaLua for scripting in maps

- engine has collection of helpfull functions (holded in Utils namespace) for logging, commandline parsing, console commands parsing, variables converting.........

AND MORE ...

engine is now in very alpha version,but I am working on playable demo of our game

check our website

loa-x86i.wz.cz
Wolf Dreamer

just out of curiosity

Post by Wolf Dreamer »

Do you plan on releasing any source code?
The last sane human being in a world gone mad

http://s8.invisionfree.com/Game_Maker_f ... hp?act=idx
Spidla

source code

Post by Spidla »

yes, i will publish first stable version

Re: source code

Post by Guest »

Spidla wrote:yes, i will publish first stable version
How's your work going?

I'm just starting to do something like this so let me know...

... i just need some hints.