Irrlicht and the STL

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Unwise owl

Irrlicht and the STL

Post by Unwise owl »

I tried to use the STL with Irrlicht; "BOOM" and ~100 error messages + stopped compilation. I do know there is a nice vector class in Irrlicht, but this does not compensate for a lot of other containers the STL provides such as the std::map. Is there anyway I get them to work together in DevCpp? I assume this has something to do with the static libraries... Maybe I can download a 3rd party STL implmentation and link with it?
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

Don't use the command:

using namespace irr

or

using namespace std

Type the full names of the classes and functions and you won't get the errors.
Unwise owl

Post by Unwise owl »

I do get them while not using namespace std, then again I'm using DevCPP which I'm not a big fan of. I'll make another attempt though by typing out the namespace irr, I'll return with whatever result I get.
Mazer

Post by Mazer »

I know this is an old post and I apologize in advance for bringing it back up, but I had encountered a similar problem this morning. Just make sure you include the header you wanted to use before you include the irrlicht header.

ie

Code: Select all

#include <vector>
#include <irrlicht.h>
That should work it out.