Getting HTTP 504 Errors when browsing forum

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
Sylence

Getting HTTP 504 Errors when browsing forum

Post by Sylence »

In the last few days I keep getting HTTP 504 Errors from time to time when I browse the forum. It's becoming very annoying. Is anyone else having this problem or is it my internet connection? Other sites are working fine...
Software documentation is like sex. If it's good you want more. If it's bad it's better than nothing.
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

Nah, you're not the only one. Irr's forums have their moments, but to be quite honest, I have seen many sites with troubles in the last few days, which does give shivers ^^
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

I'm getting it too. It's just Sourceforge flakiness, which is fair enough considering the price we pay for hosting. ;)
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

I saw it too, None the less. It seems to be working fine now, but in these cases a back up of things saves a lot of troubles.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Sorry to bump this, but for a moment, the forum hasn't allowed me to access, because there was seemingly a problem with the connection to the database. I hope this is nothing serious,
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

No, SF has its outages, even though the recent db migration should have cured it. We'll have to live with this probably.
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Uhmm.. it is because i've seen some sites being hacked recently, i'd not like this to be one of them, just because idiocy-doers. I'm glad this is something you're aware of.
tewe76

Post by tewe76 »

This problem persists. Could some admin contact SF just to let them know? Maybe it has an easy solution...
wITTus

Post by wITTus »

Guess the best solution is simply to wait till it works again :lol:
tewe76

Post by tewe76 »

Yes, but when you need to find info on the forum and it doesn´t work... well, it's a... gimme an S!, gimme an H!, gimme an I! ... :P
Seriously, some times it's just a matter of:
- This is broken.
- Oh, just let me click on this button.
- Fine, thanks!
JP

Post by JP »

Ahh the forum's back up again after a rather long bit of downtime... hopefully the nervous twitches and shivers will go away soon...
Image Image Image