[Ubuntu+Code::Blocks] Irrlicht new project wizard error

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Moo

[Ubuntu+Code::Blocks] Irrlicht new project wizard error

Post by Moo »

Hi :) I've recently switched to Ubuntu and Code::Blocks and tried creating an irrlicht project with the (surprisingly) built-in irrlicht project wizard. But I get an error at some point:

It tells me it can't find Irrlicht.h, while it is there, in the "include" directory. The whole irrlicht directory is valid.

Any suggestions? Thanks :wink:
rogerborg wrote:Answering a noob question is like having sex with a midget: there's a wonderfully satisfying sensation of being a giant.
randomMesh

Re: [Ubuntu+Code::Blocks] Irrlicht new project wizard error

Post by randomMesh »

Linux is cAsEseNsITivE.
"Whoops..."
Moo

Re: [Ubuntu+Code::Blocks] Irrlicht new project wizard error

Post by Moo »

randomMesh wrote:Linux is cAsEseNsITivE.
My folder has been typed according to the right case, so was "irrlicht.h".
rogerborg wrote:Answering a noob question is like having sex with a midget: there's a wonderfully satisfying sensation of being a giant.
Moo

Post by Moo »

Seeing as there are no replies, maybe I shouldn't use that wizard. Does anyone have a tut for Code::Blocks + Irrlicht + Ubuntu/Linux? Thanks.
z4rd0z

Post by z4rd0z »

I would like to encourage you to create your own Makefile before using some kind of wizardry :). IrrLicht SDK comes with some examples and you can adapt them to your project. Once you will be fluent with g++ “-I”, “-L” and “-l” options, then you will be able to configure any IDE, Code::Blocks, Netbeans 6.5 (w/ C++ plug-in), Kdevelop or Geany ! GL & HF !
Moo

Post by Moo »

z4rd0z wrote:I would like to encourage you to create your own Makefile before using some kind of wizardry :). IrrLicht SDK comes with some examples and you can adapt them to your project. Once you will be fluent with g++ “-I”, “-L” and “-l” options, then you will be able to configure any IDE, Code::Blocks, Netbeans 6.5 (w/ C++ plug-in), Kdevelop or Geany ! GL & HF !
Erhm, alright. I'll give it a try, read a bit. I still have a lot to learn from Linux. Thanks for the hint.
Acki

Post by Acki »

Moo wrote:Does anyone have a tut for Code::Blocks + Irrlicht + Ubuntu/Linux? Thanks.
Yes, I do, have a look at my homepage...
it's for Windows though, but that shouldn't matter, as it all belongs to C::B... ;)
while(!asleep) sheep++;
IrrExtensions:Image
http://abusoft.g0dsoft.com
try Stendhal a MORPG written in Java