Looking for 3D Modeler and Texture Artist

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
GameDude

Looking for 3D Modeler and Texture Artist

Post by GameDude »

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a 3D Modeler and texture artist. If you can do both great, I'm only looking for 1 modeler and 1 texture artist, but like I said if you can do both, that's fine too. Anyways you need to be able to model different types of terrain like roads and other objects seen in a racing game. also need to be able to model cars and be able to model damaged looking cars as well. I am working on a racing, but I can't model or really draw that well, so I am looking for help in the graphics department. I can do all the coding, I just need help with graphics. If your interested I have more info on the project I am working on.

I am using the Irrlicht with Bullet physics and cAudio sound engine. I don't care what modeleing tool you use, just as long as the Irrlicht supports the format.
Katsankat

Post by Katsankat »

;) Hi!

a) What kind of cars? Please post real pictures to tease modelers and visualize the idea.
b) How many cars?
c) What is the level stage in the development of your project (planned, started, or alpha ready? beta?).
d) Was it written with a real programming language?
e) Is networking planned ?
f) Will the game run on Linux/mac?

Thanks for answering these questions.

I'm ok for any meshes. I am better at rigging and animating than creating textures so there might be some texture artists in 2D specialized forums. Can help anytime, just ask precisely what you want. I am ok for maps, and secondary mapobjects too (like half-naked girls in crowd lol).

I am usually interested in military models. Is there a chance I can derive your code for another game? I have my own game engine but well if yours is better and ready ... Mine is not far from an alpha release. (With 10 vehicules, tracked, wheeled, helicopters). Can show you this if you want. You get the idea.

Last but not least, this week I hesitated to create a thread "Need a model? ask here" this is really something we should develop to help programmers. Pure programmers.

In all cases, I hope you can setup a team of artists to achieve your project.
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

I have started/planned on my game. I am coding it in C++ and using the Irrlicht engine. I am looking for racing cars or sports like mustangs, corvettes and such. OF course they will appear somewhat different than what an actual mustang or corvette looks like as I want the vehicles to have damage modeleing. It should run on windows, linux, etc as I do not use any OS specific routines and it uses OpenGL for rendering. I'd say about 10 to 15 cars, and at least 10 tracks. I do not plan on networking.
Katsankat

Post by Katsankat »

ok good luck
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Thanks, its really hard to find modelers and texture artists and when you do they don't last for long. I have tried using Blender, but I just can't get the hang of it, my skills are in coding
wyrmmage

Post by wyrmmage »

No offense, but you might have a bit better luck if you fleshed out your original post a bit :)

You could try www.game-artist.net . I had good luck recruiting people from there :)
-wyrmmage
Worlds at War (Current Project) - http://www.awkward-games.com
Ganadu'r, The Eternal Sage (Other Current Project) - http://rpg.naget.com
oldskoolPunk

Post by oldskoolPunk »

What does it pay?
Or do you want someone to work for you for free?
Signature? I ain't signin nuthin!
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Well I am looking for someone to work for free at first, but I do plan on selling some games after I have completed this one. This one however is more of a non-paid position. I'm just looking for a modeler that can model cars and tracks and a texture artist.
oldskoolPunk

Post by oldskoolPunk »

you might have better luck just searching google for the models you need ?
Signature? I ain't signin nuthin!
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Perhaps, but I want custom made stuff. So I think I'll just find some docs on Blender and try to do what I can with modeleing