Irrlicht/Newton Integration Compile Error--Code Blocks

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Acki

Post by Acki »

Alpha Omega wrote:still have a crash.... :shock:
what crash, did you drive against a wall with your car or what !?!?! :twisted:
Alpha Omega wrote:Ahhh ok so code blocks has the option to create Irrlicht applications so do you need to link specifically to the Irrlicht Lib's and DLL's?
in general yes, but the C::B Irrlicht template does this for you (at least it should)... ;)
btw, did you also link against Newton !?!?! :lol:
while(!asleep) sheep++;
IrrExtensions:Image
http://abusoft.g0dsoft.com
try Stendhal a MORPG written in Java
Alpha Omega

Post by Alpha Omega »

Ok the crash is a windows message that says Id.exe has stopped working everytime I try to rebuild the program. I tried to link directly to the Irrlicht.a and results in this crash. I have linked to all three of Newton's newton.lib. When I do not link directly to Irrlicht.a i get the previous error about the __chkstsk'.

Thanks for helping me this has been a problem I have had for some time.

Ok so I linked it all. It is now linking to Irrlicht.a for the GCC compiler but the original problem is still persistant. __chkstsk is stilling whining about undefined references.
Alpha Omega

Post by Alpha Omega »

SOLVED

You are only supposed to link to the Newton.lib in the newton dll folder and not link to lib_mt or the lib_st folders.

Thanks for everyones help if only I had listened in the very beginning. I find it kind of strange how the other two libraries affect the normalize() function in the vector3df class....