TerrainRendering

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Gianni

TerrainRendering

Post by Gianni »

Hello to all, I have a new problem. How can I create a "TerrainRendering" but never ends? That program can use to create it?

in italian
Ciao a tutti ho un nuovo problema come posso creare un "TerrainRendering" che però non finisce mai ? che programma posso usare per crearlo ?
Gianni

Post by Gianni »

Excuse me, but because no one is not responding ?
Zeuss

Post by Zeuss »

The way this could be achieved is using a tiling terrain scene node, there is not one in irrlicht by default, but this thread http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... hp?t=20940 probably has what you need.
Help make Irrlicht even Better! Create and submit your own Irrlicht Extension
Want a Games Education? Try The Academy of Interactive Entertainment
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

I'm surprised you didn't mention your own amazing endless terrain demo, Zeussy.
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
Gianni

Post by Gianni »

Code: Select all

I'm surprised you didn't mention your own amazing endless terrain demo, Zeussy.
Idiot not mean I replied that I was busy, we are not all like you that we do not do anything.
Thanks Zeuss, it was that search. :D :D
JP

Post by JP »

Gianni, try to understand English before posting on an English forum because you seem to have read BlindSide's post completely wrong as he wasn't even talking to you!
Image Image Image
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

Haha, that is funny. Misinterpreted the statement, and then insulted him as well. :lol:

On a side note, I really don't get BlindSide's post either...
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
tracerx

Endless terrain

Post by tracerx »

Zeuss wrote:The way this could be achieved is using a tiling terrain scene node, there is not one in irrlicht by default, but this thread http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... hp?t=20940 probably has what you need.
That demo looks very nice. However it is not a wrapping endless terrain. (There is an edge which you can go off).

Is there any demo of continuous wrap-around terrain? I'm having a hard time getting this working myself.