iPhone

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
siso05

iPhone

Post by siso05 »

Is there any tutorial how to set up irrlicht on the iPhone?
New to iPhone, but been working with irrlicht on PC..
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

You have to use the ogl-es branch from SVN. The XCode project should work pretty much, just try to compile the library and an app with the iPhone SDK.
zlobotan

Post by zlobotan »

I changed Base SDK in XCode project to iPhone SDK but still cannot compile library nor any sample. I created emply iPhone project and added engine source files manually - it complied successfully with small tuneup but I still cannot realize how to make a working sample.. :?:
zlobotan

Post by zlobotan »

I've compiled Example 3, but got black screen and nothing else. Suppose, the same will be with other samples. I think, it's because of empty UIWindow but I can't understand how to and where initialize it.. Does anybody can help with it?
Sherry Haibara

Post by Sherry Haibara »

zlobotan wrote:I've compiled Example 3, but got black screen and nothing else. Suppose, the same will be with other samples. I think, it's because of empty UIWindow but I can't understand how to and where initialize it.. Does anybody can help with it?
Same question. I'm new to the iPhone platform, thus I don't really know how to compile a working app.
On Mac OS, I used to have a static (.a) Irrlicht library plus a main.cpp containing the source code of my app, but since the iPhone works in a pretty different way I'm stuck. I've managed to create a new iPhone SDK project and put in all the source files (except jpeglib which, for some reasons, appears to be broken?). It compiles and I can see from the console it loads fine, but the screen remains black. I suppose I need to interface somehow the UIWindow with Irrlicht, but I don't get how to do it.
Probably it'd be better if someone skilled could make an example Xcode project: I think almost everyone could understand and learn from it without keeping asking for help. :)

Sherry Haibara

P.S.
iPhone Simulator support seems to be broken, Irrlicht compiles fine only for the device.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Did you create the iPhone device with an ogl-es driver? That one should handle the interfacing.
zlobotan

Post by zlobotan »

hybrid wrote:Did you create the iPhone device with an ogl-es driver? That one should handle the interfacing.
Absolutely.

Code: Select all

video::E_DRIVER_TYPE driverType = video::EDT_OGLES1;
But I cannot find the place where UIWindow object is created. So a little sample project would be very very welcome :) Thanks.
biino

Post by biino »

When compiling your OpenglES driver, did you encounter any of the issues I brought up here - http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... hp?t=33188
?

I'll let you know if I get it working.

Bino
zlobotan

Post by zlobotan »

I think MacOSX project cannot be applied to compile any iPhone application at all. It's different platforms and frameworks.

I'm trying tuneup CIrrDeviceIPhone.h/cpp/m to make it working but still can't do it.