Error with Compiling Hello World

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Mujibar

Error with Compiling Hello World

Post by Mujibar »

Hi there. I have followed the instructions to setup Irrlicht for DevC++. -2 files. As the files couldn't be found.

And i copied and pasted the Hello World code into a source file and Compiled. I got the following error. Does anyone know of a fix to this error?

Any help is appreciated.
Sylence

Post by Sylence »

First you should use a better IDE ( I can recommend Code::Blocks and Visual Studio Express ).

The error says that you forgot to tell the linker about the irrlicht.a that you need to link with your program. (Don't remember how to do this is dev )
Software documentation is like sex. If it's good you want more. If it's bad it's better than nothing.
Mujibar

Post by Mujibar »

Aww. Whats wrong with DevC++?
Acki

Post by Acki »

Mujibar wrote:Aww. Whats wrong with DevC++?
it seems no longer supported by Bloodshed...
the last release was: February 21th 2005 : Dev-C++ 5 Beta 9.2 (4.9.9.2)
IIRC there was another project called WxDevCpp or something like that, I don't know...

I also can highly recomment Code::Blocks, it's the best (free) IDE I've ever used (I also used DevCpp for a while) !!! :)
while(!asleep) sheep++;
IrrExtensions:Image
http://abusoft.g0dsoft.com
try Stendhal a MORPG written in Java
Mujibar

Post by Mujibar »

Haha ok, i will DL that IDE and try it out.. Thanks

Ohh and WxDevCpp, i googled it and it seems to be a addon for DevC++ that allows/helps with designing widgets :D