[NEW GAME] SAJAN

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
moekkog

[NEW GAME] SAJAN

Post by moekkog »

Hi this is my new project its a game to teach children how to play chess

Tools
Blender
Visual Studio
Photoshop
Irrlicht (ofcourse)
Irrklang
irrblend
sqlite3 :evil:

here ar some screenshot

These are some screenshot of the game in develop

This one is of the models tha we will use on the game
let me hear your comments

Those who have aported something to my project:
xDan
Last edited by moekkog on Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Frank Dodd

Post by Frank Dodd »

It sounds like and interesting project and appears well developed from the screenshots, the interface and introduction screens look good, but I think the actual scene used for the chessboard could be improved graphically the texturing of its elements are highly contrasting and the textures do no scale well (at least in the scale of the screenshot that is provided).

How are you going to approach the issue of teaching them how to play though?

Good luck with the project.
moekkog

jeje

Post by moekkog »

well i just put tha kind of color to make the child easier to find wich pieces are playing it can load diferent textures and stuff and i'm very newbee in this kind tha stuff

And to teach children on how to play chess i will use a sort of story diferent caracters like de king will explain how its the move on its own pieces and then the pieces will put on test the child.

But i want tha the user could creat its own test like the clock the user puts its own objectives and restriction and init board and start playing by its own creating different challenges

And thanks i will keep posting how the game is evolving
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

Are you already rated by the esrb? If not, you can't use that screen.
moekkog

its just for fun

Post by moekkog »

i am not distrubuted yet its just for fun, i just put that screen shot to let you know for what kind of audience it is directed, i hope it doesn't bother anybody
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

I would suggest removing the ESRB rating and making up your own if you must show a rating at all. That's enough to get you in trouble if someone really wanted to make a point of it.

As for the game overall it looks like you are off to a good start. I'm interested in reading more about this.

The menu system looks great. Personally I would like to see brighter colors to grab the kids attention more. I would also bring the camera closer to the chessboard.
Last edited by Joe_Oliveri on Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>
moekkog

ok i remove it then

Post by moekkog »

I think that the esrb rating is the less important, its not a big deal until i start to distribut my work thanks for the comments but i would like to hear comments about the project itself what is your oppinion about it, the idea any recomendation or question if you like etc.
Dont missunderstood its just that i don't think that the image that i put before of the esrb make a big difference on my develop until i start to make a distribution of it
wITTus

Post by wITTus »

This is a forum widely open to the public and you're already distributing your work.
Generated Documentation for BlindSide's irrNetLite.
"When I heard birds chirping, I knew I didn't have much time left before my mind would go." - clinko
xDan
Competition winner

Post by xDan »

OMG TEH ESRB GONNA SUE YOU!

I think one person pointing out the legalities of using the ESRB rating is all that's required...

It looks like a nice project. Will it have AI? (and are you writing the AI yourself?)

Perhaps you could make the scene look more cartoony to fit with the menu system..

P.S. there is the Independent Game Rating System ;)
moekkog

that's what i call a good comment

Post by moekkog »

thanks for the advice tha page that you gave me really gona help me thanks again :D

Yes by now i am development the ai of the game maybe in a month or less i could give you a prerelease about it that you can test it

and a cartoony would be great but i have no idea on how to make it :P like i said im very newbee but examples are perfect dont you think

by the way im now using the TIGRs rating and for everyone who try to complain this is totally free : :twisted:
xDan
Competition winner

Post by xDan »

cool, I'm always interested in chess AI, I had a go making one once but it was really bad =) only matched by my own poor chess skills, it could beat me!

by cartoony I didn't mean cell shading or anything, just perhaps a more brightly coloured graphical style (as opposed to those dark earth and grey building textures (ARE they buildings!?)).. Like in your main menu... vibrant green grass, with blue sky, maybe some bunnies hopping around :P
moekkog

a ok

Post by moekkog »

a ok now i get it yes it a building its a representention of my school a yes im working o new scenarios but my time its very limited XD i have a lot of work a so little time XD in a week or two i would have a test of my project if you want to test it
thats my school :lol:
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

That sounds great! Please keep us posted of your progression.

Like I said before and xDan also pointed out. You should use brighter colors to grab the kid’s attention more. Also cartoon shading could make the work easier for you. Solid color textures and not so much detail, I can tell you right now most kids won’t care how well modeled that school building is!
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>
moekkog

YEAH

Post by moekkog »

yeah, that was a good point, look my new peaces

it's just that i hadn't the time on working new scenarios as you can see the program can load various but the ai is taking me to loong im in the part that you dont see buts its necesary :evil:

this is another

moekkog

i have new screenshots look at them

Post by moekkog »

This one is the configuration menu
This one is where the child learn how to play chess
and this last one is a custom chessboard that a child can choose