[Help Wanted] - Realms of Forlorn Hope

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Insomniacp

Post by Insomniacp »

Work has started on a web site for the game. This is being headed by Yaserj since I do not have the time to make a web site while I am making the game. As a quick update there is a npc in the game that moves around and is visible :). The inventory is nearly complete, all that is left is changing character info when equipping items and attaching items to player models (need a player model first). Equipping will probably be finished up tonight hopefully which means tomorrow I can do attacking followed by death, item drops, exp, leveling and then I would consider the game quite playable.

Over the next week I plan on rebuilding the server, I will hopefully just start with a new ubuntu drive built for a server since I did not know much when I made this one and I have games and other things wasting space. After rebuilding the server will be online 24/7 except for patching and updating still. I will have to make admin functions soon I guess so I don't just kick people off while they are playing.
Insomniacp

Post by Insomniacp »

Well, I did some more work on the map editor and improved it a bit i think. Here is a screen shot of it and a map I made with it in a few minutes. Still some bugs to work out like selecting the vertex that is closest to the camera and the pointer not just the pointer since it might choose the vertex behind the one you are pointing to.

devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

dude you really need my shader and the atmospehere scene node...

trust me, some screenies are available in the graphics section on the rofhonline.com forum
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

devsh wrote:dude you really need my shader and the atmospehere scene node...

trust me, some screenies are available in the graphics section on the rofhonline.com forum
Woh there, who made you the almighty graphics god?

I think the screenshots look great.
Insomniacp

Post by Insomniacp »

hahahahaha, I do really want his shader though ;)
Insomniacp

Post by Insomniacp »

need to either get a texture that is more detailed and universal, can look like grass mountain or anything if you change its color. This one is too small and looks quite bad. I am also debating adding multiple texture capabilities to the editor but that will take a lot of effort I believe... and I would need the textures.
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

I'd say go for the multiple textures, it will improve the overall graphics a lot. I can direct you to some high quality terrain textures if you need.
Insomniacp

Post by Insomniacp »

would be nice if you don't mind :) would be a fun thing to program not gonna lie haha.
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

Grass:
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/I ... /ID/225699

Dirt:
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/I ... /ID/248531

Water:
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/I ... /ID/323193

These are some good ones that I found really quickly.
http://www.cgtextures.com is a very good site for realistic textures.
http://www.turbosquid.com good for 3d models and textures

You may also want to try download a terrain editor and use their textures, most are of very high quality.
Insomniacp

Post by Insomniacp »

awesome thanks :) I will definitely add texture splatting to the editor. That combined with the coloring should make a pretty awesome looking terrain. Combining it with realtime shadows from dev will be quite enjoyable :). I look forward to updating you guys with this, might be worthy enough to post in the screen shots thread here haha.
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

It's good to see people sticking with their projects, we get a lot of people that just post their ideas and give up the next week. Glad you continued yours, best of luck :)
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

Well Lonesome Ducky dont be picky, cause I am currently ONE OF (not only one) of graphics gods in their dev team...

and that is what I made for them

looks quite realistic???
wITTus

Post by wITTus »

Looks very dark and blurry :P
Generated Documentation for BlindSide's irrNetLite.
"When I heard birds chirping, I knew I didn't have much time left before my mind would go." - clinko
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

well dark beause there is no sky

blurred because of depth of field (its only blurred in distance)

the terrain self shadows dynamically according to the position of the sun and also turns orange during sunrise/sunset
Insomniacp

Post by Insomniacp »

yay! I will implement the shader tomorrow and start working on the texture splatting aswell. Hopefully I will be able to finish it all by the end of the week if all goes well.