cant change camera rotation

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Malgodur

cant change camera rotation

Post by Malgodur »

Code: Select all

camera = smgr->addCameraSceneNode();
camera->setRotation(vector3df(90,0,0);
For some reasonts it doesnt work... ialso cant change rotation when i press key (i callig setRotation from event reciever)
please help..?
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

please read the documentation.

Plus, what are you trying to achieve? You have given absolutely no information.

For one thing, try bindtargetandrotation
moekkog

the camera does rotate

Post by moekkog »

but maybe what you want is to rotate the targuet yo can make a node and move that node and update the target to that node to make de impresion of a rotatin camera
Malgodur

Post by Malgodur »

Im making custom look system... setting camera angle to cursor offset?? well angles ok its printed by logger but CAMERA DOESNT CHANGE ROTATION!!

I cant hcange it rotation anyway
ulao

Post by ulao »

I'm not following what your trying to say, but the best question I can extrapolate here is that your under the impression the camera is not capable of rotating.

If you cant rotate your camera and assuming your doing the some what obvious things right..

Make sure its active.
make sure you are setting a value you can see.
debugging is your friend.
Make sure you are not setting bindtargetandrotation wrong (as FuzzYspo0N said) . <-- my guess
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

ulao wrote: Make sure you are not setting bindtargetandrotation wrong (as FuzzYspo0N said) . <-- my guess
I'd say he actually wants to have bindTargetAndRotation set to true, because that would move the target (the view) wehn altering the rotation. However, using setTarget directly would also help. And reading the API docs.