get the size of a Model and trace from one point to another

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Sylar

get the size of a Model and trace from one point to another

Post by Sylar »

Okay, after I got the resolution change at runtime and the camera thing to work, I have two new questions:
How can I get the position of the 8 corners from an IAnimatedMeshSceneNode bounding box?
And how can I trace from one point to another point? E.g I have two points (0|8|0) and (0|-8|0). I want to trace between these points and check if there is something (get the Pointer of this Object) and if so I want the Point were the trace hits.

I need this to create a vegetation system, I want to fill a terrain randomly with trees (I have wrote something like this in Lite-C for Gamestudio but I don't know how to port this to Irrlicht).

PS: Sorry for my bad english.
Sylence

Post by Sylence »

For the bounding box there is ISceneNode::getTransformedBoundingBox() and aabbox3d has a method for obtaining its edges.

For the collision you should check ISceneCollisionManager.
Software documentation is like sex. If it's good you want more. If it's bad it's better than nothing.