(non Paid Project until game is released)Irrlicht programmer

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
bhbtti

(non Paid Project until game is released)Irrlicht programmer

Post by bhbtti »

Team name:
BaD Angel Studios

Project name:
Brak3

Brief description:
Brak3 has recently been revive , also we are currently working on it now using new everything.Its a new genre MMORRG- which means Massive Multiplayer Online Role Racing Game.

Target aim:
We are planning to keep this project alive until we die also we will be working on other titles once this is released. We are aimming for a hard working team dedicated and have a burning desire for game development.

Compensation:
We are offering revenue paid by hour or percentage once game has been rot released and when profit starts rolling in.But best part is if you are patient and work hard with us you will be happily rewarded. Also we are not legalize company yet but will be in about 2-3months.

Technology:
Target system-Pc
Programming language - irrlicht engine language/c++
Tools- Visual Studio
Artist tools- Pencil paper/what ever you draw with
Modelers- 3D Max, Maya
Sound tools- Pro tools,fruity loops,Reason,Acid any other products

Talent needed:
Programmers-Able to use irrlicht engine also able to make level editors importers,exporters,tools for gamest

Modelers-Able to use the modeling tools very well and able to use textures photoshop also creative and unique

Artist-Able to Draw very very well also creative and unique

Sound-Are Able to make the best beats that suites or game

Team structure:
Brion(bhbtti)-Programmer/Ceo - 1.5 year
Daniel(killerops)-modeler/Ceo - 1.5 year
Hector(themajorstak)-programmer/co Ceo - 1 year
Simon(simon)-Programmer/Tool-Server(developer)- 1 week
Jordan(Jordan)-modeler-1 week
And others but we are currently looking over thier talents

badastudios.com

Contacts:
contact us at jobs@badastudios.com
or
bhbtti@badastudios.com

Previous Work by Team:
none

Additional Info:
Well its going to be a new new kind of everything that noone seen before Racing is coming bang
Beroc

Post by Beroc »

I take it that you have no artists on board as of yet so you have no screen shots or renderings.

So I have a few questions about this project to clarify.

Are you using a physics engine?

What are the world bounds? I am sure it is not as massive as WoW, or do you use world sub sections like most games? You will require quite a bit of space inherently to "drive" on anyways.

How do you intend to display additions to vehicles, or will it be just body upgrades?

Do you require people?

What is the initial poly count for low end, vs high end models?

What about level design?

City design?

What about a background story, something to help artists and such visualize your overall project scope?

What overall time line are you shooting for? (1920's, modern day, racing, post apocalyptic)

What happened to Brak2 and Brak1? (gotta ask that question)

Your answers will probably provoke more questions...

I post all this because I am an artist, modeler, programmer and probably more. Well versed in 3ds Max, Photoshop, Z-Brush and looking for more game design experience. I am also a Scriptor for Max and could possibly create exporters and level design software in the Max environment.

I am currently "playing" with concepts of character individualization using Irrlicht, much like that used by World of Warcraft.

Check out my site:
http://www.lod3dx.net

I have designed more then 150 vehicle mods for a game called Carmageddon TDR. A race inspired post apocalyptic game.
bhbtti

about brak3

Post by bhbtti »

ok

Brak3 is another name for - brake
yes we need modelors -artist
we have screenshoots of some of game
we are looking for medium poly count not so low cause we want to use most of engine capabilities
we are goign to use newton physics
you can check us out at
badastudios.com
join forum there will be update
more about brak3 project on the brak3 thread
ummm
hmm
probably not as big as WoW map but its goign to be on a island
i will post a screenshoot for you

we require people
brcolow

Post by brcolow »

G'Day.
bhbtti

Yea we need irrlicht programmers

Post by bhbtti »

we need more programmers-irrlicht
few more concept artist
we also need 3d modelors
2d gui developer
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

bhbtti

Post by bhbtti »

what were you trying to show me
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

They were being rude because-

1) You expect to be able to complete a massive online game as your first project.

2) You expect people to work for you for free until you complete the project, but you cannot show that you are able to complete even a small freeware or shareware puzzle game.

2) You can't read the project announcement rules.

3) You didn't answer all the questions
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

Now I'll be "rude" because you can't count, apparently :P
AH-HA!
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

I dont think you should start off with something like that... get yourself familiar to irrlicht first not make a full blow MMO.

BTW when I joined they all laughed at me... and they still do. But carry on
bhbtti

Post by bhbtti »

ok thanks
im new to sirrf dont really understand how to use it thats why i come to begginer forum for help

also reason im trying to develop a mmo with a group of people is to learn faster and learn the hard stuff right away
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

Thing is, learning isn't an exponential curve. At some point, you just don't know enough to learn more.

when 0>=x<=1:
y=arccos(x^(x-x^2))
when x>1:
y=0
is probably a good way to imagine experience, where y is the experience gained and x is the challenge or the difference in level of learning between what you know and the subject at hand.

Start too big and you don't learn anything. Start with a proper challenge and you learn tremendously! Also, read the forum guidelines for any given section and when you ask for something, read and reply to what other post...
bhbtti

Post by bhbtti »

wow you know its not cool to criticize someones abilities even though you started where im at before
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

tell you the truth. if you wanna learn something, you better sit down and start to do some serious coding alone. work in a team where everyone is inexperience will only slow down the learning process. you will spend more time managing the team rather than developing the game.
bhbtti

Post by bhbtti »

im trying to get experience irrlicht members so i can learn from them while learning on my own like i know some irrlicht but dont know how to really start coding for a game like the sirrf the tutorial doesnt work idk maybe you could help me at least compile the code or get started with my project