EG-BB Keliling Nusantara

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Well, using a black wireframe with zbuffer-mode <= should work better AFAIK. Similar to the hidden line removal method, just that you use a properly rendered model first, not a fully transparent.
bobyBola

Post by bobyBola »

shadowslair wrote:You may try "the old style" cell-shading, where you make a copy of your model mesh in your modelling program and scale it up a bit, set the material (usually black) and invert the nomals. I believe this a good alternative. This doubles the ploy count of your character, which in this case is really simple, so it can be achieved. Using shader gives better result though... :wink:

PS: In fact this can all be achieved using Irrlicht code too.
how to invert the nomals using irrlicht code??
hai adik2 semua mari kita belajar sambil bermain bersama saya si BOBBY BOLA di edugames bermacam pelajaran bisa didapat ad berhitung menggambar mewarnai tidak ketinggalan dapat belajar nyanyi juga belajar huruf angka & logika bersama BOBBY BOLA semua bisa
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

Not invert the normals, you don't need any lighting. Just draw the back faces of the mesh. Set SMaterial.BackFaceCulling = false, FrontFaceCulling = true
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
grumpymonkey

Post by grumpymonkey »

Looks awesome! I would like to see how it turns out since i dont know anything about indonesia. Hopefully its not restricted to kids only :P
bobyBola

Post by bobyBola »

grumpymonkey wrote:Looks awesome! I would like to see how it turns out since i dont know anything about indonesia. Hopefully its not restricted to kids only :P
thanks..
it's not restricted to kids.. but the games difficult are made to the kids ability, but i think the product will only sell in indonesia.. cause it's only use one language... sometimes we have 2 version of language indonesia and english.. but for this product.. it only produce in indonesia language
hai adik2 semua mari kita belajar sambil bermain bersama saya si BOBBY BOLA di edugames bermacam pelajaran bisa didapat ad berhitung menggambar mewarnai tidak ketinggalan dapat belajar nyanyi juga belajar huruf angka & logika bersama BOBBY BOLA semua bisa
bobyBola

Post by bobyBola »

this use
SMaterial.BackFaceCulling = false, FrontFaceCulling = true

and this use
SMaterial.ZBUFFER = false or SMaterial.ZWRITE_ENABLE = false

the scaled is draw first then the normal one
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

Looks good, nice work :)
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
bobyBola

Post by bobyBola »

it's done by scaling the model in modeling program....
can irrlicht use the extrude scale? if i use the normal scale, it doesn't fit to become outline
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

bobyBola wrote:it's done by scaling the model in modeling program....
can irrlicht use the extrude scale? if i use the normal scale, it doesn't fit to become outline
I think we have a request on the tracker for such a scale mode. However, I didn't see the reason so far. Is this a problem with having the origin not in the center of the model? I could easily add such a function in the mesh manipulator.
bobyBola

Post by bobyBola »

the mormal scale will fit if the object is not in human form....
see the picture below for example

and the zbuffer sometimes did'nt work...

i run it in the with the same code